Faerie Woods: Persephone Alone [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
"Ah. The Redcap. Then you come to negotiate for safe passage to your prey. What do you offer?"

Having heard his voice you are able to easilly turn towards the master of the Faerie Woods. He stands at the side of the room, arms crossed, observing you with only mild interest.

(I'm unable to access my books at the moment, and I'd like to before giving a description of the Fey Lord. For now, let's just say that he looks similar to a powerfull Elven male.)

A DC 25 Spellcraft check will give some additional information.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"Ah. Yes, hello. Indeed, we would like to find this redcap. I believe he's actually in Orussus. Would you be able to help us find him there? As for payment. We're not rich, but my companions & I are not without talents. Perhaps we could help you with something. We might be able to. We work together."

OOC: Spellcraft, at 21, fails.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy's eyes flicker away from the faerie king as she contemplates her response. She twists her slim shoulders, revealing a tad more of her ample cleavage.

"We are trained for war, not entertainment. But if you think the fey would be amused by a few tricks, amplified by some magic, then we could give it a go."

Patlin

Explorer
Clearly, your response fails to amuse the Faerie Lord. In a bored tone, he assures you that there is nothing a mere mortal such as yourself could teach him about war. "If you cannot bring amusement to my court, you will need to pay for your passage in blood, gold, or magic. Do you have some interesting artifact to offer me, or some unique guest to grace my halls for the next century? Would you prefer to buy passage with, say, a thousand gold coins?"

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"I see." Percy bows her head. "I am sorry for having troubled you, sir. By 'passage,' you mean passage out of these woods? I was under the impression that the pact between the fey and men forbit only the logging or building houses here. We were merely passing through to visit a druid. We hoped this druid would be able to assist our investigation of this rogue redcap."

Patlin

Explorer
"No Druid currently lives in these woods. If all you want is passage out of the wood, you may find it by yourself if you so choose. I offer safe passage through my domain, avoiding the deadlier hazards and finding your way to the Redcap himself. His kind is of murder, and he has found a way to gain easy access to mortal prey. You will only stop his rampage with his death."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"Oh. So you know of this redcap, sir? He is here in these woods then? And somehow 'ports' to Orussus to do his foul deeds? Perhaps by the same means as Allanoth Fairblood. I see. We have heard that the druid named Fasroth lives in these woods. Do you know of his fate?"

"Unfortunately, we have neither cash, amusement, nor magic to pay you for the privilige of your assistance. Perhaps you know of the necklace this redcap took? It is a powerful item. Unfortunately, I cannot offer it to you, as we do not yet posses it, nor is it ours to give."

"Perhaps it is in your interest to see this redcap brought to justice? It is not unnoticed in Orusses that innocent men are being murdered nightly. The wizard Rilithorn knows of this redcap, and the captain of the guards has also been alerted. His continued slaughter may bring you unwanted attention from the world of men. Perhaps we could help you in this matter, yet."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy suddenly starts. 'Perhaps by the same means as Allanoth Fairblood'! That's it! she thinks. The necklace can teleport the user between Orussus and the Faerie woods! Or perhaps anywhere! That would explain how the redcap got inside the vault!

Patlin

Explorer
After some additional investigation, you learn that there is a human Druid named Fasroth who lives reasonably close to the Faerie Woods. Fasroth is a Druid of no great stature, and not a contemporary of Fairblood, but he might know something of use.

"Fasroth? You would name him a Druid? Standards must be low amongst the mortals of this day. In any case, he does not live within my domain. As to your offer, the necklace would be satisfactoy... yes, yes, I suppose it will do. As you do not have it on you, you will have to agree to a forfeit. If you do not present me with the necklace within one month, you shall be my guest in these halls for the next 150 years. Agreed?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases