• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen World (Mature, Dark)

Nephtys

First Post
Ysande and William keep struggling against the fog and the sludge of molten rock that cling to their feet, ever so slowly getting closer to the edge (Y -5hp, W -3). Kaj grinds his teeth, looking impotently from the fog to the surrounding rock, his weapon tight in his fists. "We're not leaving without Ysande. I don't care what's coming, we're not leaving her."

ooc: Anybody looting the corpses?

WarlockLord

First Post
Mystic looks at Kaj. It is clear he is devoted to Ysande. The Mystic casts haste on the people in the acid fog, hoping the burst of speed will assist their escape. "If someone wants to loot the dead, please save me a share."

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
0- detect magic (2), light, cure minor wounds,
1- bless, snake's swiftness, silent image, charm person, CLW (2)
2- hold person, silence, mirror image, align fang, augury,(1 used)
3- invisibility purge, suggestion, lightning bolt (2 used)
4- (5 used)
5-summon monster V, (3 used),
6- magic jar, (2 used)
7-greater teleport, summon monster VII
[/sblock]

Gli'jar

First Post
The movement within the window slits, alarm bells, the increasing vibrations and the presence of a corpse that bears his face begin to fan the flames of Canthan's paranoia and his attention begins to falter. "Bring down the gates my brothers. Let them feel the wrath from beyond the veil!" Canthan screams out as he quickly finishes his incantation. Three large beasts which would seem to appear as disfigured bears appear and charge the gates, crashing into them in reckless abandon. Their pustule covered bodies are adorned with useless appendages which flail about in their charge to bring down the doors.
[sblock=ooc]
Action for the round, Cast Summon Monster VII to summon 3 monsters from the SM5 list. The bears only have a std. action the round they come into being so the bears will charge the doors. I am unsure how you would like the rolls adjudicated so I will leave that up to you.

HP 65 ( subdual 2/80
Cast Stoneskin (130 minutes, 130 points)
Cast Summon Monster VII (13 rounds)

Summon 3 pseudonatural brown bears
Brown bear pseudonatural (Summoned creatures, +2 DC to dispell, +6 Str and Con, Summon spells 1 std action as opposed to full round)
Size/Type: Large Animal
Hit Dice: 6d8+42 (69 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+19
Attack: Claw +14 melee (1d8+11)
Full Attack: 2 claws +14 melee (1d8+11) and bite +9 melee (2d6+5)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, DR 5/magic, SR16, Acid/electricity resistance 5
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, alternate form, true strike
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 33, Dex 13, Con 25, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +7, Swim +12
Feats: Endurance, Run, Track[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Big approaches the gates, but can spot no way in. The arrowslits are too high for him to reach, and far to narrow to fit trough.

Canthan's skin grows gray and hard as he finishes incanting his stone skin and a few seconds later, while Ysande and William keep wading slowly out of their trap (-6, -5), he brings his three monstrous abominations into being. As the lead one slams into the gates its rear seems to fold forwards into its torso as the head and shoulders are pushed to the sides. For a moment the amorphous shape remains somewhat bear-like, then it swells up and bursts like a bubble, showering viscous steaming liquid onto its companions and the gates. Smoke rises where the liquid lands and for a second all sounds seem to die before the liquid and the two remaining bears erupt in a blinding explosion.
The shockwave pushes you all backwards a moment before Big is engulfed in the explosion. He's tossed to the side like a straw doll but that as well as blind luck may be all that saves his life, though not his skin which bubbles like boiling clay. (Big -35 hp, prone) The rush of air beats back the fog that was already weakened by Mystic's dispell and Ysande and William emerge bloody and beaten, but alive. When the smoke clears all that remains of the gates and its guards is a morass of molten metal, stone and flesh, fed by a torrent of viscous drops falling from above.
The presence in the rock falls still, frightened perhaps, or merely biding its time.

-

ooc: I did write that summoning could have unexpected consequences inside Enclaves, though not all of them are necessarily this dramatic. :cool:

ooc2: WarlockLord, Ysande and William (as well as the rest of you) were already hasted, though the duration will soon expire, so I'm ruling that you didn't cast the spell again. I don't think that Haste helps against Acid Fog, the spell slows everyone down to 5 ft per round no matter what your movement rate is or how many actions you take.

Bloosquig

First Post
Big blinks some psuedo-bear / gate gook out of his eyes and staggers back to his feet.

"Canthan... please don't do that again, whatever it is you just did, without warning me okay?" Big says in a pained voice.

So saying he focuses his mind on his injuries and slowly smoothes most of them away with his hands. As he smoothes his hands down his skin they shimmer slightly and send soft whispers through everyone's mind like a soft desert wind.

After doing this Big will check to make sure everyone else is alive after both the hellish fog and the explosion before he creeps as best he can through the blown up gate to peek at what's on the other side.

[sblock=ooc]
Big will get up and cast Body Adjustment with a 4 point extra for another 2d12 healing for 22 damage (total cost 7 pp)

So are we still moving forward or do we want to run back aways and rest? I don't think teleporting is an option considering how hard it was to get warped in here. Any ideas anyone?

HP: 98 / 116
PP: 44 / 63

Camoflage 1~ hour
Inertial Barrier 2~ hours
Bite 10~ minutes
Profane bonuses (Neph is this still active?)

[/sblock]

Trollbabe

First Post
Nephtys said:
When the smoke clears all that remains of the gates and its guards is a morass of molten metal, stone and flesh, fed by a torrent of viscous drops falling from above.
The presence in the rock falls still, frightened perhaps, or merely biding its time.
Aeryk, still invisible, blinks twice as he stares at the sundered gate a little unsure what just occured... strange magic indeed. Aeryk flanks Big as he moves through the rubble and fleshy remains of the "alein" bomb. Aeryk stays alert, knowing all too well that more danger could be lying in wait.

[sblock=Aeryk]
HP: 86/86 (4 subdual damage)
Remaining Assassin Spells: 1st: 4, 2nd: 2, 3rd: 4, 4th: 0
Remaining Ranger Spells: 1st: 1

Ongoing Effects:
Mokninchel's Spell (+4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 AC, +2 Saves)
Ysande's Haste
Invisibility[/sblock]

Gli'jar

First Post
"My flesh, my brothers." Canthan laments as he watches his summoned aid explode. "I will avenge you."
[sblock=ooc]Ready an action to cast a spell against enemies approaching, should any do so.
HP 65 ( subdual 2/80
Cast Stoneskin (130 minutes, 130 points)
Mokninchel's Spell[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Visibility is poor trough the threads of viscous stone that drip from the ceiling and the dust that still hangs in the air but Big can see a small crowd of elf and dwarf sized people, at first frozen in chock and then quickly scurrying for cover. One moment they are there, and the other they're not.
Behind you the stone is cracked and pitted from the Fog, a fine layer of dust covering the ground. Ahead stands the shattered and molten hole that once was the gates to the city and beyond the forces of Cel Candon are gathering, alarm-drums and bells still sounding. Above you the presence in the stone whispers words felt not with your ears but as vibrations in your feet, harsh yet subtle, and just beyond the edges of your comprehension.

Remove ads