• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallout 3 - Today's the day!

Megaton

First Post
*groan!* ;)
just something so...wrong about that and some of the other tunes as you lay waste to the place and limbs get bown off, lol!

I know the thematic of Fallout Universe, but much rather have AC/DC, the Stones and Motorhead as the radio tunes!
I think it'd be pretty cool if all games let you put in your own soundtrack or songs. I don't think I'd take advantage of it very often, but I agree, listening to big band music as heads explode is a little weird.

DonTadow

First Post
Ok, someone just told me that Santa Clause was not real.

Seriously.

I have been in love with this game, and after doing everything possible (and knowing that the ps3 won't have content) i decided to beat the game, expecting a phenomenal ending.

What a let down. Not just a let down, but an enormous let down. I saw 3 different endings, all horribly disappointing.

I warn you ... all of you... don't beat the game... don't ruin whatever good image you have of the game. I was so upset i woke up this morning and traded mine end.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
And as another FYI...

I'm a mighty, mighty man. I'm young, and I'm in my prime!
Heh - I found myself singing one of the songs from Fallout 3 the other day. I could have understood it if the song was Butcher Pete or Civilization... but Let's Go Sunning?!!! :confused:

Let's go native, sun your cares away.
Be creative, learn to laugh and play....
Pretty flowers need the sun,
This applies to everyone....

Gah! :p

The Auld Grump

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I picked this up after Christmas. While I can see the ties to Oblivion (just because of the game engine), it really does feel like Fallout to me.

Just being myself (I'm level 8), I'm a total goody-two-shoes. Fortunately, I lost some Karma when I
wiped out Andale just 'cause I thought those cannibals were freakin' creepy.
And of course, after
working with the Ghouls and the inhabitants of Tenpenny tower to help the two groups live in harmony, I had to pop a cap in Tenpenny's wrinkled ass 'cause he's the MFer who put the contract out on me. heheh I got positive Karma for that one.

Moira in Megaton totally reminds me of someone from Fargo. She just has that Minnesota accent and is just so chipper about everything. I've heard some people compare her to Sarah Palin, but I think she's just too creepily into her research for that.

Can't wait to get that Fatman launcher, though. I've already started stockpiling the mininukes.

Phaezen

Adventurer
Heh - I found myself singing one of the songs from Fallout 3 the other day. I could have understood it if the song was Butcher Pete or Civilization... but Let's Go Sunning?!!! :confused:

Let's go native, sun your cares away.
Be creative, learn to laugh and play....
Pretty flowers need the sun,
This applies to everyone....

Gah! :p

The Auld Grump

For those that are interested, a list of songs and lyrics from Fallout 3

Fallout 3 Song List | Legal Geekery

Good authors too who once knew better words,
Now only use four letter words
Writing prose, Anything Goes.

Phaezen

stevelabny

Explorer
I have been in love with this game, and after doing everything possible (and knowing that the ps3 won't have content) i decided to beat the game, expecting a phenomenal ending.

What a let down. Not just a let down, but an enormous let down. I saw 3 different endings, all horribly disappointing.

Sad but true.

I put 120 hours into this game. The first time I've done that in who knows how long. And it has the WORST video game ending of all time.

The amount of suck rolled into this ending is unbelievable. Railroady, contradictory, anticlimactic, short and ugly.

GAH.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Hey, sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this but will my socket 939 PC run this game decently? I have read so many conflicting things about what system specs work or don't work I'd like to hear directly from people who actually play the game. Here's my hardware (again, this is a socket 939):

Athlon 3800+ dual core (2.0 GHz)
XP Pro w/SP2
2 Gigs of OCZ Platinum PC3200 RAM
7200 SATA hardrive
9600GT 512 mb DDR3 video card

* My LCD maximum resolution is 128-x1024 which is where I like it anyway

Thanks for the help.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Rl'Halsinor, that should be fine, as far as I'm aware. The 9600GT is a solid card, and that's the most important component, beyond having the minimum CPU and RAM, and space to install it, obviously.

If you've played Oblivion on it, that'd be a fair gauge. Maybe not precisely the same reqs, but close enough, I suspect.

Remove ads