Familiars as Baby-Sitters

roguerouge

First Post
Slife said:
Ring of prestidigitation, along with a... hand of the mage.

Allow me to be the first to say, "Oh, gross!" Can you imagine the effect of a baby sitter has a severed hand on a string around its neck?! That kid will either be psychologically scarred for life...

Or an adventurer.

FoxWander

Adventurer
roguerouge said:
Allow me to be the first to say, "Oh, gross!" Can you imagine the effect of a baby sitter has a severed hand on a string around its neck?! That kid will either be psychologically scarred for life...

Or an adventurer.

So I suppose my suggestion of a raven familiar (who can speak) with a couple of your zombie servants to be it's "hands", wouldn't end well either. :lol:

Teplin

First Post
I'm surprised the idea of a familiar baby sitting is so odd. I mean, who looks after the wizard normally?

My alienist wizard, Lethey, has a wisdom of 6 and an charisma of 8. Without prompting from his telepathic and 'tongues' enabled pseudo-dragon, even the most desperate patron would hesitate to turn to him for help, and he'd get ripped off by every shopkeeper and tavern-owner on the route.

Prestidigitation is by far the most useful hygeine spell in the game. Clean diapers without having to take them off. With the spell-linked familiar feat, he can cast it once a day for an hour, he has as many ranks in heal as the wizard does when it comes to recognising symptoms, he's just as strong as the wizard is when it comes to picking the little guy up. True, he has a problem with doorknobs, and he tends to fumble the bottle.

He's not really the ideal babysitter, but compared to your average professional adventurer, even active neglect starts looking pretty good.

Slife

First Post
roguerouge said:

Or an adventurer.
Put a glove on it if you really care.

Davewolf

First Post
So that's why my old sorceress characters kids turned out weird!

Well not counting the rest of the adventurer 'uncle/aunt' characters, psycho elf, girl with map fetish (don't ask), chronic gambler, etc...

Remove ads