Fantastic Tomes & Librams: Redux

By popular demand, this rule-light article originally published on TRAILseeker is now also available to EN5ider patrons. Fantastic Tomes & Librams presents you with 1d100 mundane but exotic books and tomes to furnish a wizard's study, a library, or a treasure hoard. Each entry contains the book’s name, its author, a short description, and an optional notation indicating its rarity, relative value, and number of pages. By Russ Morrissey.

By popular demand, this rule-light article originally published on TRAILseeker is now also available to EN5ider patrons. Fantastic Tomes & Librams presents you with 1d100 mundane but exotic books and tomes to furnish a wizard's study, a library, or a treasure hoard. Each entry contains the book’s name, its author, a short description, and an optional notation indicating its rarity, relative value, and number of pages. By Russ Morrissey.

tomes.jpg

rollingForInit

First Post
Are there any previews of what it looks like? Because I've seen similar things elsewhere that costs money, and isn't much better than what people have made up themselves and published for free on blogs, forums, etc. There was a discussing on the dnd 5e subreddit a while ago about gathering ideas for such a list, for instance.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Are there any previews of what it looks like? Because I've seen similar things elsewhere that costs money, and isn't much better than what people have made up themselves and published for free on blogs, forums, etc. There was a discussing on the dnd 5e subreddit a while ago about gathering ideas for such a list, for instance.

It only costs what you decide it's worth. :)

I'll see if I can grab a screenshot of a part of the article without giving too much of it away. Should be doable when I get off this iPhone and onto a real computer!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Aha! It is quite easy to do on iOS! Here you go.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 305

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Direct link, please?

From what you just quoted, I assume you're using Tapatalk or something, which doesn't show the full text of vBulletin articles for some reasons. It gives you a link to the article instead. You'll need to click on that link for the article. On a desktop, you can see the full thing.

Or, if not, I'm not sure what you were asking for! :)

CapnZapp

Legend
From what you just quoted, I assume you're using Tapatalk or something, which doesn't show the full text of vBulletin articles for some reasons. It gives you a link to the article instead. You'll need to click on that link for the article. On a desktop, you can see the full thing.

Or, if not, I'm not sure what you were asking for! :)
That is precisely the case.

Us tapatalk users would be much obliged if a short text description could accompany each such article (link).

Feels like jumping through hoops, the way you (or Tapatalk?) start threads with a bare link without any clues.

As an aside, I used to read forums using the browser, but the incessant nagging to use Tapatalk eventually wore me out...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That is precisely the case.

Us tapatalk users would be much obliged if a short text description could accompany each such article (link).

Feels like jumping through hoops, the way you (or Tapatalk?) start threads with a bare link without any clues.

As an aside, I used to read forums using the browser, but the incessant nagging to use Tapatalk eventually wore me out...

I think you misunderstand me. The entire article is right there. Tapatalk replaces it with a link instead. Tapatalk is a third-party software application - I've no way to change how it behaves, unfortunately, when it's showing a news article in the forums - I could put the entire text of War and Peace up there, and Tapatalk would just show you a link to the article instead. It's a weird design choice for a piece of software, I agree - Tapatalk really should handle CMS articles the same way it does regular threads.

So when using Tapatalk, sadly, you have to click on the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads