D&D General Fantasy cannibalism, a theoretical philosophy discussion

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I would advise strongly against troll tartare. Well done is the only way. Tenderize in pineapple before charring wash it down with a strong red wine.
Pineapple? Philistine. If anything ever called for a tequila-lime marinade it's troll. A strong red sounds right though, so perhaps you aren't beyond redemption.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I would advise strongly against troll tartare. Well done is the only way. Tenderize in pineapple before charring wash it down with a strong red wine.

Grain fed and killed by fire then dry aged troll. It’s the wagyu of the monster world.
Troll ceviche. Juuuuust enough acid to retard growth.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
So, many primitive peoples believed you could gain a hero's power by eating part of his body. This sounds like a type of necromancy to me, anyone have a hot take on cannibal magic?
The problem with 'cannibal magic' is, you don't get any benefit in this fight (because you have already won if you have time to prepare a meal) and any effect will wear off after the remains of the meal pass out of your body two days hence.

Perytons should be prime practitioners, though.

An enthusiastic amateur: "Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!"

gyor

Legend
And here's the problem with D&D (any edition): magic as presented, with no long term cost, obviates most of the interesting questions in life or fiction.

Easy solution, the Island is in a dead magic zone like there are in some parts of FR or for some reason some made an Antimagic spell permanent on the Island.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases