D&D 5E Fantasy-D&D Loot Crate

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Okay folks, I said I would report. Ive heard good things regarding the Loot Crate subscription service and the D&D website was offering a special suprirse for the April loot. So I went ahead and subscribed for 3 months with the Wizards of the Coast discount code. So today I got back from Star Wars Celebration to a small box outside my door.

List of loot:
A D20-dragon bow tie
A t-shirt with the '&' ampersand logo
Princess Bride deck of playing cards
House Stark flash drive
Set of Game of Thrones magnets
An inflatable gold crown
D&D: Intelligence Check DIY Comic
A Harry Potter '9 3/4' luggage tag
Loot Crate 'X marks the treasure' button

IMG_0010.JPG

S_Dalsgaard

First Post
I was surprised to see that they actually ship to Denmark, which makes it very tempting, but with shipping prices (making it cost $28/month, incl. shipping), and the risk that customs also want a fee, it gets a bit steep.

SoulsFury

Explorer
Thanks for posting! I went and ordered it. That is well worth $17 imo. I've been needing a flash drive anyway. I've been using by external hard drive as one just because I keep forgetting to get one while I'm at the store. Even cheap ones of those go for about $10... plus a t shirt, and I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan, and who doesn't love Princess Bride.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Thanks for reporting, CG! This month isnt quite the right time for me, but i'll have to look into loot crate in the future - I recall someone (Wil Wheaton?) I heard speaking highly of them not long ago on a podcast.

Queer Venger

Huh. I was interested in this myself, given the theme. What's your feeling? Do you feel like it was worth the ~$15?

I really think so, the t-shirt alone would be worth $25. I thought it was a really good value. I bought the 3 month subscription, so I'll see how the others compare. If its anything like this one (which was Fantasy themed/D&D) then I'll continue to subscribe.

Thanks for reporting, CG! This month isnt quite the right time for me, but i'll have to look into loot crate in the future - I recall someone (Wil Wheaton?) I heard speaking highly of them not long ago on a podcast.

Your welcome! I also heard good things about Loot Crate, so when Wizards of the Coast advertised it on the D&D page I decided to give it a try. And Im glad I did.

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
We went to Star Wars Celebration as well. What did you think? We really enjoyed ourselves, but were surprised at the lines and crowds...prior years were not nearly so well attended I think.

mlund

First Post
Happy with mine for the cost, especially with the $3 off code from the Wizards site. I basically paid for a T-Shirt and got extra swag. I'm thrilled with the Princess Bride playing cards especially, and I could always use a spare flash drive.

Marty Lund

Queer Venger

That is awesome that other people got the D&D themed loot crate. Yeah, the t-shirt alone is a value.
[MENTION=2525]Mistwell[/MENTION]: I had a good time, but not as great a time as Celebration IV (where I attended the Irvin Kushner panel). I was a bit disappointed with the Saturday panels, hopefully Disney will make it better next year (I hear it will be yearly). Glad you had a good time :)
I see you are local (Van Nuys). I typically game at Game Empire and Im getting ready to DM some tables for the D&D Day starting in June, hopefully we meet IRL.

Remove ads