Fantasy Grounds Now Offers Free Trial; Plus D&D 5E Basic Rules Now Included In All Licenses

Virtual Tabletop Fantasy Grounds has been the licensed VTT for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition for a while now. The price point can be a little steep for those who just want to try it out, so Smiteworks has just announced a free 30-day trial (you have to sign up then cancel before it's up) and also that the D&D Basic Rules are now included in all Licenses and Subscriptions (other than the demo). That's the four basic 5E reaches and classes, plus 120+ spells, equipment, and the basic rules reference. It also includes, of course, other game like Call of Cthulhu, Castles & Crusades, and Savage Worlds.

Virtual Tabletop Fantasy Grounds has been the licensed VTT for Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition for a while now. The price point can be a little steep for those who just want to try it out, so Smiteworks has just announced a free 30-day trial (you have to sign up then cancel before it's up) and also that the D&D Basic Rules are now included in all Licenses and Subscriptions (other than the demo). That's the four basic 5E reaches and classes, plus 120+ spells, equipment, and the basic rules reference. It also includes, of course, other game like Call of Cthulhu, Castles & Crusades, and Savage Worlds.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
If having this single feature is a make or break feature for you, then FG won't be the right choice for you at this time.
Yep. It's not just that single feature (as you know), but that's one of 'em.

Anyway, I just want to reiterate--lest it be forgotten, this is what I came into the thread for--that I think those 3D map demonstrations look very impressive. Communicating spacial information in three dimensions is something our hobby struggles with in general, and I believe there really is room for a slick, well thought out product to change the way we approach these situations in gaming.

Mickey Flint

First Post
So maybe this is an obvious question, but will the elements of the PH for race and class be included? I keep hearing all about the DMG and Basic, but will the rest of the PH be available or the new SCAG?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads