FANTASY GROUNDS Virtual Tabletop's D&D License!

Officially licensed D&D electronic tools! For real! Fantasy Grounds, one of the leading virtual tabletops, has just released a set of D&D 5th edition licensed data packages. These include the D&D Basic Rules, packs for each of the core classes, and a pile of monster packs. Each states specifically that "This product is licensed from Wizards of the Coast." This appears to be the first officially licensed and branded electronic product. (thanks to Matchstick for the scoop)

Check out their D&D wares here. They mention that "The DMG is still in the works, along with the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, The Rise of Tiamat and Princes of the Apocalypse." and that "The basic 5E ruleset will continue to be provided directly within Fantasy Grounds to all licenses. These purchasable options add a new graphics theme that is officially branded, along with the library module support, and whatever other enhancements we could squeeze in, like tokens or portraits or decals."

Here's the announcement:
We are proud to announce that we are officially licensed to sell D&D source material and content inside of Fantasy Grounds! This is the beginning of a great new partnership between SmiteWorks and Wizards of the Coast that will benefit gamers worldwide.

You can purchase the D&D Complete Core Class Pack with all the class, feats, spells and equipment or you can purchase individual classes only. You can also buy the monsters in packs or as the D&D Complete Core Monster Pack. These products have been converted to work really tightly with Fantasy Grounds to give you the best possible gaming experience - we know you're going to love them. They contain all the great artwork and content from the official products and all the smarts and integration to work with Fantasy Grounds. Not only will you get the same content that can be found in print, but you also get an exciting new Fifth Edition theme, adventures and content customized specifically for ease of play inside of Fantasy Grounds.

For Dungeon Masters and players on a budget, you might pick up a Player Customization Pack and one or two Class Packs of your choice. Dungeon Masters can often get by with just the Adventure of their choice and one or two Monster Packs.

Don't forget that players can gift purchases through Steam for Dungeon Masters who have linked their license on Steam.

WOTC5EDDBASICRULES.jpg

smiteworks

Explorer
[MENTION=87795]smiteworks[/MENTION] I hate to ask this... and it may have been answered and I may have missed it. Is there a release date or the DMG or the two adventures beyond LMoP? How are you handling the EE Players Companion? Are the new race option and spells going to be included with the EE expansion for Fantasy Grounds? Just curious. My group is using Roll20 for now but I think we're ready to jump over! Thanks for the info and thanks for being so responsive on this board!

We have submitted Hoard of the Dragon Queen for review by Wizards of the Coast. The Rise of Tiamat is mostly complete and ready to submit after Hoard passes. The DMG and Princes of the Apocalypse are still in the works. We don't yet have an ETA for those. Eventually, we should get close to releasing simultaneously but we still have some work to catch up on. The new races will be included with the PotA adventure, but we might look at doing something separate as well. We need to discuss this with our contacts.

Rhenny

Adventurer
Having the DMG treasure/magic items in tables (with specific drag and drop items) will be very helpful. I'll definitely buy that.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
It's not a question of better, in my case. I'm just too invested in Roll20 and nothing in FG really caught me and made me want to switch. I think it's a great program, I just don't feel the need to use it. I don't mind running stuff manually, it feels more like at a table too.

Ah yep gotcha. I have only been playing/DMing Roll20 for about 8 months, so it is easier for me to make the switch.

smiteworks

Explorer
I apologize in advance for the thread necro, but I thought that I would share that the 2015 Summer Sale just launched on Steam and we have matched the discounts on our storefront too. You can now get all Fantasy Grounds 1-time licenses and all the adventures and complete packs for D&D at 30% off. To put it into perspective, if you were looking at getting $250 worth of stuff, then this sale will save you a cool $75.

Fantasy Grounds store:
http://www.fantasygrounds.com/store

Steam Product Page with DLC listed:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/

If you bought your copy on Steam, then you can pick up additional purchases through Steam or through our website and they will work the same for you. If you have a Mac, you might want to buy the core license on Steam; however, all DLC will need to be purchased through our store.

ShadoWWW

Explorer
Did you know that you can hand those player licenses off to your players and they can buy a Full license for a discount. :)

I didn't know. I thought the licenses are related to my account on FG web store. How can I pass them to my players to use them for the discounts?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases