ZEITGEIST Fantasycrafting Zeitgeist?

Tanek

Explorer
Hey everyone,

So, I absolutely love the Zeitgeist AP and want to run it pretty badly. However, my players, for whatever reasons, don't like either 4th Edition or Pathfinder. I was hoping to use D&D Next, but, the past few days I've been looking over Fantasycraft by Crafty Games and it seems, at first blush, an easier conversion to do than D&D Next? Any thoughts?

hirou

Explorer
Generally, you have to convert PC themes and monsters, this gets the most of setting flavor covered. I glanced through the rules, themes seems close to "specialties". The system in whole is d20-based, so starting off Pathfinder version you should have an easy time converting monsters... in theory, at least.

hirou

Explorer
But honestly, I fail to see what's so special about it. It seems too rules-heavy, you may as well try GURPS conversion at this point...

Falkus

Explorer
Fantasy Craft is an excellent system that I'm using myself to run Zeitgeist.

For backgrounds, I mostly turned them into flavor thermes, and gave characters bonus contacts for taking them. Other than that, the only thing you really have to do is convert the NPCs, which is a snap with FC's excellent NPC generation system (I recommend using this: www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/ ). Most of the skill checks map over fairly well from other edition.

Tanek

Explorer
Fantasy Craft is an excellent system that I'm using myself to run Zeitgeist.

For backgrounds, I mostly turned them into flavor thermes, and gave characters bonus contacts for taking them. Other than that, the only thing you really have to do is convert the NPCs, which is a snap with FC's excellent NPC generation system (I recommend using this: www.meadicus.plus.com/craftygames/npc-builder/ ). Most of the skill checks map over fairly well from other edition.

Excellent. Thank you, Falkus. Are you using the Pathfinder version to convert?

Falkus

Explorer
Both, actually. I use the Pathfinder system to get attributes; I use 4e for more flavorful inspiration about NPC and monsters special abilities.

Tanek

Explorer
Good way to do it. Thanks for the help, Falkus! Looking forward to starting up my campaign as soon as my book arrives.

Falkus

Explorer
Good way to do it. Thanks for the help, Falkus! Looking forward to starting up my campaign as soon as my book arrives.

My pleasure. I love Zeitgeist and I love Fantasy Craft; they're a perfect match in my opinion. My group will be doing the finale of the second module in two weeks.

Remove ads