• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FAQ - Frequently asked questions.

glass

(he, him)
Don't forget 'surely you only get one sneak attack per round, right?'. That seems to pop up about once a month.

glass.

paranoid

Good idea!

Polymorph / Wild Shape / Shapechange
+ number of Attacks (iterative + natural attacks)
+ Hit Points (new CON taken in account yes or no)
+ Hit Dice (gain HD of new form?)
+ worn items (which ones meld, which function?)

Stacking of temporary hit points (False Life etc.)
Detect Magic + Illusions
Difference between Protection from evil + P.f. good (summoned neutral monsters?)
Headband of Intellect + Skill Points
Enlarge Person + carrying capacity
Awaken (multiple?)
"my PC wants to craft a cure-light-wounds-on-command-item..."
cleave + mirror image
take10/take20 on which skill under which circumstances

Fieari

Explorer
Lance on Horseback + Powerattack + Charge
"Can I make a Ring of True Strike? How about a command activated one?"

JimAde

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
Starting gold for characters and NPCs is asked about all the time.
Sadly, this info is not in the SRD and so should probably not be included. Which is a drag because I'm usually the one asking. :)

How about: Are the touch attacks to start a trip or grapple considered unarmed strikes?

Philip

Explorer
Sure we could do a FAQ, I am seeing the same questions repeated often as well. But I would like an easily editable searchable FAQ, to which we can all easily contribute. With an explanation at the RAW, and a select few comments from known ENWorld rules guru's about the interpretation of said RAW, and maybe suggestions how to use a particular rule in game.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Philip said:
Sure we could do a FAQ, I am seeing the same questions repeated often as well. But I would like an easily editable searchable FAQ, to which we can all easily contribute. With an explanation at the RAW, and a select few comments from known ENWorld rules guru's about the interpretation of said RAW, and maybe suggestions how to use a particular rule in game.

That would be interesting... a WikiFAQ. I don't suppose anyone knows how to set up something like that?

isoChron

First Post
How about making a subforum of D&D Rules and only allow the moderators to post there (but everyone to read). So that forum doesn't get spoiled by unrelated posts.
That would mean the moderators have to do the dirty job of typing all that stuff... :heh:

Well not a good idea perhaps. :confused:

Remove ads