• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

fatigued/exhausted

NewJeffCT

First Post
In core there is Restoration lesser and up, also Heal, more in the SC I think.

However, both Lesser Restoration and Restoration have 3 round casting times, so are not really useful in combat. I'd use a potion of Lesser Restoration in its place, if possible. Greater Restoration has a 10 minute casting time, though Mass Restoration (level 8?) has a 1 round casting time.

Sheltered Vitality in Libris Mortis prevents exhaustion/fatigue, but won't take it away if you already suffer from it.

Ahnehnois

First Post
There is also a Ritual of Purity feat (DMGII) and Boots of the Unending Journey (MIC) that can provide immunity but not remove an existing condition.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
The Healing Lorecall spell in Spell Compendium (and at least one of the Complete books, forget which) is level 2, and to get any use of it you'd need 5 ranks in heal. If you have that many, with any healing spell you cast (even cure minor wounds!), you can also remove a condition, fatigue being on that list. The spell lasts for 10 min/level. With more ranks (10 or 12, I forget) in heal, you can use healing spells to remove exhausted. If you don' want to prepare the spell, it's low enough level to get in wand or scroll form for cheap.

That's the easiest way I know of to handle that problem. There are other means, I'm just drawing a blank right now.
I know a Horizon Walker with the desert terrain mastery is immune to fatigue.
The Goliath bard prestige class in Races of Stone (Dawnsinger?) gets a bardic music ability to remove fatigue.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Complete Scoundrel has a feat for Bards, Epic of the Lost King. It lets you, as a move action, remove fatigue from up to 3 allies for 1 bardic music usage, or remove exhaustion for 3 bardic music daily uses.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
This reminds me of a relatively obscure illusionist spell back in 1e - dispel exhaustion. It allowed you to make people think they were no longer exhausted so they could keep working/moving on.
I could see a version of this for 3x rules - it removes the fatigued condition for its duration, but when it expires the condition becomes exhausted.

Darklone

Potions of lesser restoration are something my group carries barrelwise with them.

The dragonshaman can use it´s healing touch to remove fatigue IIRC.

Remove ads