• Rogue

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Wizard

Votes: 11 16.7%

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I've only recently discovered the sheer joy of the barbarian. The hit dice, speed bonus, BAB, and decent skills are a wonderful package. Raging is just a fun cherry on top for that fight where you really need to do boatloads of damage.
-blarg

Drowbane

First Post
Druid

Funny, I hated druids back in 2e... (might've just been the one guy in group that played them... all the time.)

Aus_Snow

First Post
I'm with StreamOfTheSky on this one.

Cool stuff nearly all the way over 20 levels. Max skills. Brutal conditional (tactical) damage-dealing capability. Achille's heel (yes, I like the fact they can't SA certain things; bite me). They're just awesome.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Wow, my barbarian rogue mixes rule.

Yes, I often dip Barbarian with Rogue, too. At first, it was merely because I thought the ability to search for traps and not slow the party down (moving at speed 20) would be important. But, yeah. The infusion of the d12 and at least +2 fort really helps cover Rogue weak points, Rage can help make you useful against enemies you can't SA, and the weapon proficiencies are just icing.

Aside from the dips, I've also found the joy of a 2:1 or 1:1 Rogue:Barbarian multiclass leveling ratio if you have things like Martial Rogue (UA) and Lion Totem Barbarian (C.Champion) available. Learn enough "trick" feats and you can fight like a martial adept!

Darklone

Even more fun but not a core class is the barbarian scout... PA & Great Cleave plus Improved Skirmish :D

I've seen many bbn2/RogX or Rog3/BbnX builds but some even ones too... all of them were great light infantry fighters with huge damage output.

Remove ads