• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Dragon in a Movie

What Movie has your Favorite Dragon

• The Hobbit

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Dragonslayer

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • DragonHeart

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Dungeons & Dragons: The Movie

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dragonworld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sleeping Beauty

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • The Dragon and George

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Flight of Dragons

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

Bass Puppet

First Post
Grettings EN Board Memebers.

I was thinking about all the different Dragons I have seen in Movies. I am sure I have missed a couple so please be kind.

B.T.W. Smaug from The Hobbit is my favorite. :)

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
That dragonslayer dragon just blows me away every time. Of course, Peter MacNichol and the godawful soundtrack keep the movie from being worth all THAT much...

...but that shot in the cave where the dragon rears up and bellows flame across the ceiling? That's just too damn good.

ds3.jpg

Just found a cool link on the topic: http://www.draconian.com/movie/movie.htm Check it out.

Last edited:

Eye Tyrant

First Post
I agree with the Doc and voted likewise... I was surprised though a few weeks ago when I saw "Evolution" for the first time, the dragon/dinosaur in that flick was pretty good too I thought.

Berandor

lunatic
Definitely Dragonheart. In an otherwise so-so movie, this dragon is D&D dragon personified - from the look, especially.

And it's got the voice of Sean Connery!

Berandor

Acmite

First Post
Sean Connery may rock, but he is no match for Astronomy, Geography, Zoology........

How can I be the only one to vote for Flight of Dragons?! This poll is rigged! Rigged, I tell you!"

Gorbach, Smurgle, etc. It doesn't get any better than that!

"I say old chap, bad show!"--Sir Oren Neville Smythe

Tempuswolf

First Post
Has to be Dragonslayer's Vermithrax.

Along with Doc's pic(k), the battle during the eclipse is the highwater mark in draconic cinema, especially the majesty of the Vermi's wingover in the clouds and the 3000° shower Vermi gives Sir Ralph on the peak (Ulrick's staff doesn't make it's save).

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Re: Sean Connery may rock, but he is no match for Astronomy, Geography, Zoology........

Acmite said:
How can I be the only one to vote for Flight of Dragons?! This poll is rigged! Rigged, I tell you!"

Gorbach, Smurgle, etc. It doesn't get any better than that!

"I say old chap, bad show!"--Sir Oren Neville Smythe

I personally love flight of dragons! It's a better movie than Dragonslayer (in my mind), but as for what's the better DRAGON... I always thought Gorbach and Smurgle looked a little hokey.

Turlogh

Explorer
I voted the dragon in Sleeping Beauty, most dragons in live action films look plasticy or cuddly but not so the dragon in this cartoon. It looked like hell on wheels and as fierce as adragon should be.

Tsyr

Explorer
Smaug man, Smaug... that's how I'll envision dragons for all time. Powerful, wise, a bit arogant, and terrible when wronged.

Remove ads