D&D General Favorite Role Aids Supplements with Covers

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
s-l1600.jpg

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Alas, they do not appear to be legally available. Sucks, as I had some that I cannot find.....oh well. I have hundreds of PDFs, it's not like I NEED these....but those covers make me nostalgic.....keep posting the covers!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Gilgamesh? :unsure:
Fair question. In the text they talk about how Gilgagesh had the magical ability to divine truth from anyone before him. Later, Shamash gave Gilgamesh control over the four winds: the Whirlwind, the Ice Wind, the Scorching Wind, and the Tempest and Lightning. So in one respect I guess you could say he had "wizard-like" powers in the context of 1e AD&D, and they give him 5 levels of Magic-User in the text, along with 5 levels of Cleric and 15 levels of fighter. His Magic-User spells are listed as Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Friends, Identify, Scare, Strength, and Lightning Bolt, which seem fairly in line with the text about his persuasive and sometimes terrifying command over those he ruled. However, the adventure tied to him in that issue is Gilgamesh and the Seven Jenni which also involves more obvious wizardry. So perhaps it's referring to the adventure.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

..all of the above?
Seriously, the Role-Aids by Mayfair were....no, ARE... freaking amazing products! A year or so ago I went on a big buying splurge and sunk a good, oh, $800 to $1000 on buying all the Role-Aids "1e Compatible Stuff". City State, all the CSIO 'boxed adventures', Treasure books, Race books, Demons I and II and all supplements, Arch-Magic, Apocalypse, Sentinels, To Hell and Back etc. I now have a nice 3' to 4' stack of Role-Aids stuff. :)

I totally get why TSR sued them into oblivion...they simply couldn't compete with Mayfair's stuff.

If I had to choose my fave...man...I might have to pick...hmmm... a toss up between Sentinels and To Hell and Back.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Voadam

Legend
Fair question. In the text they talk about how Gilgagesh had the magical ability to divine truth from anyone before him. Later, Shamash gave Gilgamesh control over the four winds: the Whirlwind, the Ice Wind, the Scorching Wind, and the Tempest and Lightning. So in one respect I guess you could say he had "wizard-like" powers in the context of 1e AD&D, and they give him 5 levels of Magic-User in the text, along with 5 levels of Cleric and 15 levels of fighter. His Magic-User spells are listed as Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Friends, Identify, Scare, Strength, and Lightning Bolt, which seem fairly in line with the text about his persuasive and sometimes terrifying command over those he ruled. However, the adventure tied to him in that issue is Gilgamesh and the Seven Jenni which also involves more obvious wizardry. So perhaps it's referring to the adventure.
Wizards was one I never got, but that I was interested in, it looked fun and interesting.

Remove ads