• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favourite D&D Adventure?

catsclaw227

First Post
For old school goodness: Castle Amber, the G/D/Q series, and the Slaver Series (A1-4)

For modern gaming: Demon God's Fane, Tomb of Abysthor, and Idylls of the Rat King.

SteelDraco

First Post
For sheer good memories, Old Man Katan and the Incredible Mushroom Band, from Dungeon many years ago.

For my favorite gaming sessions, there was another old Dungeon module that was about a doppleganger plant, set in Ravenloft. I adapted it to a Colonial-era horror game, and that included several of my favorite gaming moments.

SWBaxter

First Post
Hmm. Cult of the Reptile God is probably the adventure I've run most often. Other notable old-school adventures that stick out in my mind are Hall of the Fire Giant King and Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. In 3.X, I really enjoyed running Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. As a player, Tomb of Abysthor was pretty evil.

The_lurkeR

First Post
I have to go with B5 'Horror on the Hill'.

Keep on the Borderlands is a close second, but the Hill just brings back more memories... plus it was the first adventure with a dragon! :cool:

resscane

Explorer
favorite d&d adventure

When I really sit back and think of all the modules I've played and DM'nd since 1982, through 14 hour sessions in high school and college to 4 hour sessions w/ my wife calling me to come home because a kid is sick and throwing up.., I have to go with Keep on the Borderlands. Its the 1st adventure I ran through at 12 years old, and I ran a party through it a couple years ago w/ 3.5.., it was still great. Recently I ran some neighborhood kids through it, (their parents are good friends and the kids asked me to) and they're hooked. They keep asking me when I can play again. It really can be a great mod if you give it the right work.., but I dont think I've ever played a bad mod that had a good DM attached to it. I love this game.

Remove ads