d5
d7
d14
d16
d18(Not even remotely fair)
d24
d26(Even more not remotely fair)
d30
d32(Glass ball with indents, kind of like a glass golfball with fewer dips)
d50(Dipyramid, nearly unrollable due to size and weight)

I want to see d48s, d60s and d120s. They're 'fair' dice, regular polyhedrons. Dunno wtf I'd do with 'em but they'd be fun to have.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The d30. I use it with the old Armory d30 tables by Bob Liddil, the new d30 tables by Bob Liddill, Chaos University, and The Window.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I have a Louis Zocchi d07 and a weird shaped d6 that I think I got in a Dungeon or Dragon Magazine polybag mailing wrapper as a giveaway. I also have a d30 labeled 0 to 9, +0 to +9 and -0 to -9.

Wombat

First Post
For the most part I'd have to say d10 ... which is not one of the Five Platonic Solids (d2, d6, d8, d12, d20) ;)

Aside from that, I have a fondness for the zocchihedron (d100 -- points to those who remember this name and why it came about!) and, to a lesser extent, the d30

arscott

First Post
I've always wanted a d12 shaped like a Rhombic Dodecahedron, rather than the pentagon-faced dodecahedron that we usually get.

Particle_Man

Explorer
d5. I used it in Iron Heroes for Chainmail variable DR. I currently use it in Dark Heresy for weapons that do d5 damage. My GM even lets players get Righteous Fury on a natural 5 (thus doubling the chances!).

Belseth

Villager
I love to roll D30 in Cypher on rare occasions instead of spending effort.
In my set, you can only roll the D30 if you have a specific Cypher that allows you to do so!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I play a lot of Dungeon Crawl Classics, which uses a dice chain consisting of a d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d10, d12, d14, d16, d20, d24 and d20.

Of those, the d5, d16, and d24 get used the most. But that's just because of the specific traits of characters in my main group; in others the d7 and d14 have seen heavy use too.

Mezuka

Hero
It was a dice we were not suppose to see. A friend of mine and his wife played D&D with us. One gaming night he took out the dice from his pouch and there it was, a d6 with sexual positions. There was a moment of silence, the wife's face turned white, the husband laughed. We all laughed and then played D&D. That die was never seen again. 🙃

I have two alphabetical d10s. They came with Battleship Galaxies by Hasbro. You roll it with a regular d10 to determine which square of a spaceship is hit. A-10? Hit !!!

Staffan

Legend
D10 is the only non-standard polyhedral I regularly use. I actually don't think I have any weirder dice than that in my collection.

Edit: at least shape-wise. If you include symbols, the Star Wars dice are my favorites.

Last edited:

Remove ads