Favourite non-standard polyhedral

aramis erak

Legend
Semi-serious - I really do want to know what strange dice you use or want to use.
I'd like d14, d16, & d18 readily available for dice step systems, giving thus 4-6-8-10-12-14-16-18-20, 9 steps, in place of the standard five (4-6-8-10-12) of most dice-step systems.

I like the star wars system and L5R5E dice systems, too.

Every game we roll a d34 to see what our random Medusapussy song of the night is.

No, I'm not kidding. The d34 actually belongs to a friend I haven't seen in ages, but I still intend to- someday- return it to him...
I used to have one of these. (1-34 is a common range of numbers for lotteries.)
1642540047050.png

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I have a pair of these "likely fair" non-polyhedral dice from the presenter of this video.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Back in the late 1990s, I saw someone with a set of specially-numbered d12s.
One was a "d2": it was numbered 1-2, six times.
Another was a "d3": numbered 1-3, four times.
Another was a "d4": numbered 1-4, three times.
A fourth was a "d6": you guessed it, numbered 1-6 twice.
And the last one was a standard d12, numbered from 1-12.

I was envious then, and I'm still envious today, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I have been playing a lot with knucklebones (which are 4-sided, but not "fair", in that all sides atre not equally likely to be rolled; they can be used, though, to give an almost-equivalent of d6s).

Photo on 2022-01-18 at 1.38 PM.jpg

Egon Spengler

"We eat gods for breakfast!"
(This is some epic thread necromancy.)

I used to be on team d16, but at the moment I'm a d14 proponent — you can always generate a random number from 1 to 16 by rolling a d8 and d2, but the d14 is genuinely handy for adding multiples of 7 (or days of the week) to your dice pool. And I have a few weapons in my game that deal 1d7 damage, so it does actually come up from time to time.

My current loadout: 1d4–3d6–1d8–2d10–1d12–1d14.

IMG_20211229_110411.jpg

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I have been playing a lot with knucklebones (which are 4-sided, but not "fair", in that all sides atre not equally likely to be rolled; they can be used, though, to give an almost-equivalent of d6s).
Oh yes! I've played around with knucklebones, too. They give some strange distributions which are similar to-- but definitely not!-- like d6s'.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4