• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favourite OoP boardgames that you have managed to keep, reacquire or looking for.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Is that the one where each house has a special 'power', and the Harkonnen power was to turn one of your people into a traitor?

That's the one - although the Harkonnen power wasn't quite like that.

Every player randomly took four leader disks at the beginning of the game and selected one from another house to be a traitor in their pay. The Harkonnen power was that all four of them were traitors! :)

Atreides had the power of Prescience. Bene Gesserit had the Voice. Fremen could avoid the storm and ride worms. The Emperor was rich, and the Guild was also rich and controlled shipping.

Cheers!

Torillan

First Post
I still have The Awful Green Things from Outer Space from TSR. And all the original chits!!

I recently dug this out while cleaning, and my 12 year old son wanted to play it. He read the rules, and now it is one of his favorite games! He has taught it to his friends, and now they are interested in other games we have (Dominion, Carcassonne, Battlelore......)

Ssadral

First Post
I still have The Awful Green Things from Outer Space from TSR. And all the original chits!!
Hey, I wonder if I can still find "Snit Smashing" from an early issue of Dragon?
I fondly remember both of these. It'd be nice if someone would make simple games like these and put them in a magazine.

Though it is very hard to find any dead tree magazines these days. Most companies are going the online route. The only ones I am familiar with is The Crusader from Troll Lords, Knockspell and Fight On!

Festivus

First Post
I have a copy of Kingmaker (1976 AH edition) still, but lost the directions to it. I used to love to play that game, but can't find anyone who wants to play it now days... not that I know how anymore either :)

arscott

First Post
I have fond memories of the Willow boardgame that my 6th grade study hall teacher kept in his classroom, and snagged a copy last year.

Over christmas break, I liberated a copy of HeroQuest that was going to waste in my grandparent's vacation house. Looking forward to playing that (plus, poaching the peices for WFRP)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I have a copy of Kingmaker (1976 AH edition) still, but lost the directions to it. I used to love to play that game, but can't find anyone who wants to play it now days... not that I know how anymore either :)

I played Kingmaker for the first time a couple of months ago. Interesting game, but flawed mechanics.

You can find a copy of the game rules on the BGG website

The closest game to it in the modern era would be Richard III: The Wars of the Roses, a 2-player wargame by Columbia Games which has the nobles changing sides from time to time. :) GMT Games are also producing a game about the War of the Roses - Crown of Roses.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Remove ads