• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat Bonus

med stud

First Post
Moon-Lancer said:
i was a bit miffed that elves did not get weapon training. their proficiency is near useless. what class benefits from getting proficiency with a bow? what class is able to use said bow with powers?
Maybe not with powers, but I can think of situations where it's nice to have a bow anyway. If you are getting attacked when you are holding a defensible position, you can deal some damage to the enemies as they approach. You can also take some minions out of the picture.

It's corner cases but not worthless.

Nifft said:
On further thought:
- Paladins don't normally have martial military ranged weapon proficiency.
- Neither do Warlords.
- Warlocks can Curse at any range, but their longest attack powers are 10 squares. Bows are a strong choice for a Warlock. Actually, I wonder if it's possible to make a kick-butt Elf Warlock. The extra speed should be worth a lot for a sniper, too. Hmm.

Cheers, -- N

Rogues only get prof with hand crossbows and they have plenty of powers that would benefit by being able to use a longbow or shortbow.

The powers dont work with bows.

Jcosby said:
You are correct, that makes it a bit better. I was thinking Stats which you can not retrain.. but still no more stacking +dam feats.

JBC
I noticed that, but they do have feats that stacking hit bonuses. You'd think that a few more points damage at Level 30 when you're doing 50+pts per attack wouldn't be as big a deal as a few points to hit.

Granted, I haven't played a character to Epic level but I don't see the logic just yet.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads