Feats for the Druid & Ranger - Please Critique

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Blessed Wild Shape [Wild]
The character can assume a more heavenly form of creature.
Prerequisite: Class ability to wild shape, good alignment
Benefit: When using her ability to wild shape, the character may choose to shape into the normal animal or the same animal with the celestial template.

Corrupted Wild Shape [Wild]
The character can assume a more devilish form of creature.
Prerequisite: Class ability to wild shape, evil alignment
Benefit: When using her ability to wild shape, the character may choose to shape into the normal animal or the same animal with the fiendish template.

Increased Companion Capacity [General]
Prerequisite: Class ability to acquire an animal companion
Benefit: The druid or ranger multiplies her caster level by three to calculate the total hit dice of befriended animals she can have. This increase in capacity does not apply to the maximum Hit Dice for any one creature under the influence of the druid or ranger; this is still limited to twice the character’s caster level. Druids and rangers with this feat generally have more companions than a normal druid or ranger but her companions are no more powerful.
Normal: A druid or ranger multiplies her caster level by two to determine the total number of hit dice of befriended animals she can have at any one time.
Special: The character can gain this feat multiple times. Each time she takes this feat she multiplies her caster level by one more point. Three becomes four, four becomes five and five becomes six. The character may not multiply her caster level by any integer higher than six.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I'd use the celestial and fiendish templates instead of the halfs -- the halfs are a much higher LA, IIRC.

Neat feats, though. I'd definitely take these.

Kirin'Tor

First Post
I agree with Jdvn1, use the Celestial\Fiendish templates - not only are they lower CR increase, they are also designed for animals (where as half's are more geared toward humanoids)

Maybe Use Celestial\Fiendish as the first step in the tree, and the the's Half's as the second.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kirin'Tor said:
Maybe Use Celestial\Fiendish as the first step in the tree, and the the's Half's as the second.
Another step? Great idea! I don't know why this didn't occur to me.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
The Next Step

Empyreal Wild Shape [Wild]
The character can assume an even more heavenly form of creature.
Prerequisite: Blessed Wild Shape
Benefit: When using her ability to wild shape, the character may choose to shape into the normal animal or the same animal with the celestial or half-celestial template.

Infernal Wild Shape [Wild]
The character can assume an even more devilish form of creature.
Prerequisite: Corrupted Wild Shape
Benefit: When using her ability to wild shape, the character may choose to shape into the normal animal or the same animal with the fiendish or half-fiendish template.

Last edited:

Capellan

Explorer
Ferret said:
Genius! This feats are cool, but is the Increased Companion Capacity aimed at the 3.0 edition version.

Definitely looks that way. For 3.5, I'd suggest something like:

Improved Animal Companion [General]
Prerequisite: Animal companion class ability
Benefit: You gain a bonus to your effective druid level for the purposes of determining your animal companion's abilities. This bonus is equal to +1 for every effective druid level you already possess for the purposes of determining your animal companion's abilities, up to a maximum bonus of +3.
Special: You may take this ability multiple times. Each time you take it, your maximum bonus increases by +3.

+3 effective level per feat (which basically bumps you up one row on the chart) may be too much - you'd have to playtest it to see.

Remove ads