• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

February : What are you reading?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'll soon be getting back into some Bernard Cornwell Saxon Chronicles but I'm taking a bit of time to catch up on re-reading the AD&D core books to ensure I can run convention games as effectively as possible. It's all very familiar, of course, but this weeds out the stray rule I may have grafted in from another game or later edition, as well as helps with the small details and rules that many don't bother to use in typical games.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Reading Control Point by Myke Cole. Magic has returned to the world and is controlled by the military. It's a pretty cool premise, but poor Mr. Cole writes such shallow, unbelievable characters that I just want to toss the book across the room. I'll finish it for the sake of completion, but I'll probably hate myself.

Krug

Newshound
Doing the Fantasy and SF course at Coursera so reading books in the syllabus. Finished Grimm's Household Tales, both Alice books by Lewis Carroll and now on Dracula.

delericho

Legend
I've just started "Tess of the D'Urbervilles" by Thomas Hardy. Next up will be "Death's Heretic" by James Sutter.

Game-book-wise, the only book on my to-read list is the next Pathfinder AP volume, whenever it arrives.

Nellisir

Hero
Read The Lady in the Lake by Raymond Chandler and The Devil's Company by David Liss. Am now reading The Hypnotist, by Lars Kepler. Whatever you do, do not start it before you have to go to work. Or school. Or eat anything that requires two hands. It's nonstop cliffhanger. I'm in awe.

Just finished A Memory of Light. Man, the series ended well. Wish Sanderson could go back and tighten up the series -- he could probably cut it by five books, up the action and not sacrifice anything in the process.

Remove ads