Feywild/Shadowfell Campaign Settings

Should the Feywild and/or the Shadowfell be given the full campaign setting treatment

• The Feywild should definately be expanded into a full setting.

Votes: 49 70.0%
  • The Shadowfell should definately be expanded into a full setting.

Votes: 47 67.1%
  • No, the Manual of the Planes is enough.

Votes: 18 25.7%

Oni

First Post
Just a thought that occured to me. What would you think of Feywild and/or the Shadowfell being fleshed out into full campaign settings. Something that could be used to run games completely set in those places, not unlike the FRCG. Even if you didn't want to use them as full settings it would great supplemental material.

Rechan

Adventurer
It would definitely require the Pcs to be on board, roleplaying wise. If you're going to play a FEY fey in the Feywild, you need to act and think differently.

I think it would be a cool idea, although mapping the Shadowfell or Feywild kinda takes away from their strengths. But tossing out a lot of locations and offering some flesh to the barely there bones we have now would be awesome.

In fact, I know an individual pondering a campaign set solely in Gloomwrought.

Jack99

Adventurer
I doubt I would ever run a full campaign with native fey-wilders, but those two books (or one, for both planes) would definitely be bought by me faster than you can say fey!

Cevalic

First Post
I definately think a book on each plane would be invaluable. Id hope theyd make it a 224 page book too. These 160 page splatbooks never seemed worth it when its obvious there is so much they could write about. An extra 10 dollars is well worth another 60 pages.

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
Hero's Handbook: Eladrin isn't a full fey campaign setting - many of its 96 pages are devoted to character-focused info like feats and paragon paths - but it'll sure serve as a great appetizer to your appetite for a Feywild campaign. There's lots of evocative detail about cities in the fey realm, the different seasonal ruling houses of the eladrin court, monsters and NPCs native to the realm, etc., etc.

I plug it without shame because, although I did some work on the book, my contributions were all mechanics; I didn't write any of the background info and so can call it freakin' awesome without fear of bias. I can say, though, that it was really fun to get descriptions of cool paragon paths and monsters and be challenged to come up with mechanics to support that flavor; kind of like sudoku for the 4E designer!

Last edited:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Changeling: The Lost

That's what I'd do.
While Changeling is damn cool. There would be a quite different feel for each game. You would have to be a idiot (probably some Summer Court guy who thinks he can take on the True Fey) to go into Arcadia. While with the Feywild, sure it is dangerous but you have a chance of doing well, finding safe areas, etc.

I would be quite down for a campaign setting in either world, or one campaign settting for both.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I voted "No" because I never would set a complete story arc let alone campaign in one of those settings.To go over there for a single adventure is ok, but anything more? No, thank you.

Therefore, I'd be more satisfied with a inspiring Dragon arcticle accompanying a doog Dungeon adventure.

And if I had to choose between Feywild and Shadowfell, I'd take the Shadowfell, any day. This whole fey thing ain't for me.

Remove ads