D&D (2024) Fighter brainstorm

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
The issue with that I feel, is that it’s magnitudes easier to justify doing basically anything if you’ve using magic rather compared to the pure basic capabilities of the ‘human’ body (quotes because of fantasy species) and when using magic basically all your checks get consolidated into arcarna because there’s a magical alternative method of doing basically everything it’s so versatile, but martials have all their skills spread across multiple stats
That fully is on the implementation.

Creating the Magic version of the Champion and the onus would be on the DM. If the Champion-Mage just has a 1d8 force blast that they can blast 1-4 times, crit on a 18 or 19, can doublecast once per rest can access the whole Wizard spell list, that is on the DM for being overly permissive to casters than warriors.

That's the opposite of an issue. That's bias.

That fully is on the implementation.

Creating the Magic version of the Champion and the onus would be on the DM. If the Champion-Mage just has a 1d8 force blast that they can blast 1-4 times, crit on a 18 or 19, can doublecast once per rest can access the whole Wizard spell list, that is on the DM for being overly permissive to casters than warriors.

That's the opposite of an issue. That's bias.
You could make an open wizard based on skills. That's how you would determine the spell's effectiveness. Or base it off abilities. Throw in some damage tiers, range tiers, component tiers, etc.

"I saw this" doesn't mean "issue wide among all gamers." Especially since no one was talking about it in any measurable sense.

but you know, you seem intent to keep replying to things I'm not arguing or are dead set on misrepresenting it, and are calling people who don't share your preferences liars at this point, so I think we're done here.
I don't know who you argue about with. But either I blocked them or was blocked by them and it makes ENworld a much happier place.

Remove ads