Fighter

kerleth

Explorer
RE: Bowseat

Well, I would say easily 90-95% of the things I've done (or had done to me, lol) were "at-wills" but there are rare exceptions. Also, we are talking about a system that requires DM fiat to arbitrarily rule in a con check or your character could hypothetically fight from sunup till sundown, so we shouldn't get too granular. Actually, I'm perfectly okay with the fighter being the consistent warrior. Although having a few CS abilities who's depleted dice didn't return until you took a short rest or that simply had a hard limit would be cool for those who wanted them and even just for a change of pace on an otherise "consistent" fighter. Honestly, in a world where you just have to staple wings on a horse and it can fly, I think it's more important to give everybody the options they want so they can have fun. The trick is to maintain intraparty balance (I think I used that phrase correctly).

tlantl

First Post
However, the PA/PVP Podcast's reveal of Riposte and Whirlwind Attack as higher-level multi-dice maneuvers I think shows the way things are going to go. Whirlwind Attack is rather powerful, but you can't spam it easily due to situational factors, and it eats up a lot of dice.

There's one little problem with this assertion. You get your dice back every round. Therefor you can actually use those higher dice maneuvers when ever you want as often as you want.

You couldn't use them for parrying and cleaving and a little extra damage each round if you spend them all on the three dice maneuver though. which if you listened closely to the podcast, you heard mike explain rather clearly.

As for spamming? Who cares!

Warbringer

Explorer
In reading the post it struck me that there's a " if I can droit once why can't I do it all the time" and cs fixes this ... It doesn't, they aren't the same thing

Non at will powers are a trade off , better for less frequent, nothing more. Cs creates the illusion it fixes this, but it doesn't, it merely is an at will system.

Indeed, to mimic aedu simply say once per encounter you have an extra 2 expertise dice once, and once a day an extra 4.... Now you essentially have a fluid powers system.

While I love the cs system it does have a critical flaw. As the die type increases, it is less likely the player will sacrifice a die for a maneuver over damage: a d6 for push, ok, but a d12 ... He'll no! This is something the designers should look at, more d6 not greater die type.

Vikingkingq

Adventurer
While I love the cs system it does have a critical flaw. As the die type increases, it is less likely the player will sacrifice a die for a maneuver over damage: a d6 for push, ok, but a d12 ... He'll no! This is something the designers should look at, more d6 not greater die type.

Easy to fix:

1. You have multi-dice maneuvers that do damage without relying on the CS dice.
2. You have Advanced Maneuvers that do cooler stuff and some damage on the side. So Push turns into Improved Push turns into Greater Push.

Remove ads