Fighters screwed, wizards overpowered in 3.5!

Man, as a fighter, my life suxs now that 3.5 is coming out. All these changes totally nerf the fighter!

I can no longer be bull-strengthed all day. This means spell-casters will be taking cool spells like web and invisibility and flaming sphere, rather than just buffing up my already impressive physique. So I'll try to fight something, but then the wizard will blind or scorch it. I don't even know why they bother to bring me along.

All these DR changes mean that my trusty magic sword won't be enough. Guess I'll have to bring other stuff along. And you know it won't be as good as my +3 flaming keen longsword.

Wave of fatigue, wave of exhaustion. Don't ask me to carry the gold out of the dungeon boys. I'm just going to take a nap down in the first empty 10x10 room I find. No save, what's up with that (of course, even if it was a save, it would be a will save). Bastards.

And sorcerers, don't get me started. They used to take some spells, but eventually they'd suck. Sure, cast that sleep spell against the ettins. Us fighters would laugh, and then go play hero. Now, they'll be able to change their spell lists around and be useful with their low level slots.

And I heard wizards will be able to scribe spells into their spellbooks at a more reasonable fuss. Sure it was nice that the wizard was always broke. I'd throw him a couple of copper pieces and have him make a +4 blinding shield for me (he so needed the cash). But now he'll have money again. (And what, better familiar bonuses - more needless mage-boosting). And now he doesn't have to waste his skill points on scry. He'll have even higher concetration skills (good bye spell disruption).

Now that hold person has been weakend, wizards will rule. Used to be, the fighters would get held (oh, like my +1 will save is going to make anything), then that evil cleric would death touch the wizard. Bang, every time, death touch trumped the wizard. But now, some of us will be free for a round and we'll have to protect his scrawny ass.

And our magic bows and arrows won't stack and do +12 damage any more. We suck now!

And now we'll have bards in armor kicking our asss. Man, now that bards are uber, I'll never be able to go itno a tavern again. All those bards bragging about the stuff they've killed (plus all those fancy words they use).

And now the stupid paladin will be able to actually come into the dungeon rather than guard his stupid horse. Now he gets to be all championy.

And what do I get - intimidate. Woopie. Like every other real fighter, I have a 6 charisma, so that won't help.

Oh yeah, and that two-weapon fighting won't be so good anymore. And I can't take just one level of ranger anymore.

Wah wah, pity me. Being a fighter in 3.5e totally sucks.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
orangefruitbat said:
And what do I get - intimidate. Woopie. Like every other real fighter, I have a 6 charisma, so that won't help.

:: cough :: speak for yourself.

It's not if you win or loose; it's how you look. And I look marvelous!

Remove ads