• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighting Dragons

That One Guy

First Post
This is oddly timed. Saturday night I played the DMG kobold hall quest w/ the white dragon.

I met up w/ some people through a gamers seeking gamers post, and brought one of my friends along.

The group was a bit... interesting. Minotaur sword&board fighter, elf ranged ranger, an eladrin wizard, an eladrin tempest fighter, and an eladrin swordmage. All level 1. Some healing surges and the wizard's daily had been used already.

(Points for whoever can guess which one I was ;))

By the end of the fight all three of the defenders had been badly injured, the ranger had been nailed hard at the start of the fight, and I think the wizard was completely untouched. Our tactics were pretty much markstealing and trying to hold the white dragon down. The wizard and ranger threw down some pretty consistent damage. The only person who ever went unconscious was the swordmage. The TWF Fighter was at 1 hp at the end.

It was a well fought encounter. Not boring at all. Exciting and engaging, IMO, and challenging. It felt like the experience reward was actually a bit low for how much it took out of us... but that was because we were so close to leveling (The DM agreed to give us all 15 roleplay EXP later to level up).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads