[Fighting Fantasy] Magic Realms: Art of Fighting Fantasy book being crowdsourced

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Mock_up_of_Chapter_5a.png
Mock_up_of_Chapter_2a.png
Mock_up_of_Chapter_4a.png
Mock_up_of_Chapter_12.png

This isn't exactly the Russ Nicholson art book I was wishing for, but Magic Realms brings together classic British fantasy art from across the many Fighting Fantasy books.

It's coming from Unbound, whom I've got mixed feelings for (they seem to love to announce books without a clear idea of how far along said books are, which is something customers always want to know), but between Ian Livingstone's and FF historian Jonathan Green's involvement, the book (coming some time in 2024, per the FAQ) should be a good one.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
After an exceptionally long time, I finally got the other book I backed through Unbound: 42, a collection of notes from the life of Douglas Adams. It is astonishing in quality, possibly one of the nicest books I own.

That suggests good things for Magic Realms, which I'm now a lot more confident in having backed.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
After an exceptionally long time, I finally got the other book I backed through Unbound: 42, a collection of notes from the life of Douglas Adams. It is astonishing in quality, possibly one of the nicest books I own.

That suggests good things for Magic Realms, which I'm now a lot more confident in having backed.
I got their Dice Men, but still haven't made time to read it.

Heck, you've sold me. I'm in for this one too.

Do they mention anywhere how much supports should expect for shipping? It's tempting to get the printed book, but given the woes of international shipping (even just UK-EU became disturbingly expensive), I might opt to go for the PDF instead.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Do they mention anywhere how much supports should expect for shipping? It's tempting to get the printed book, but given the woes of international shipping (even just UK-EU became disturbingly expensive), I might opt to go for the PDF instead.
They don't list any shipping info. The book won't fulfill for some time, so any number they would give would likely be out of date by then -- hopefully for the better.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
My pledge yesterday was $40 for the book and $14 for shipping to the US, as I recall. The pledge automatically included a shipping estimate.

Remove ads