Fighting like Darth Maul

Shin Okada

Explorer
It is obvious that Darth Maul has influenced double weapons, especially Two-Bladed Sword. But how can I create a NPC villain which actually fights like him? I mean, using a two-bladed sword (possibly with brilliant energy or some light-related abilities) and unarmed strike simultaneously?

Someone with Improved Unarmed Strike feat (or monk ability) and two-weapon fighting feat chains can use unarmed strike as an off-hand weapon. But if he does so, he cannot use a two-bladed weapon as a double weapon.

Last edited:

Dandu

First Post
How do you feel about a Psychic Warrior/Warmind with the Snap Kick feat?

Warmind doesn't advance Psychic Warrior powers, but I feel it's reasonable to do so. Pathfinder's Warmind does it with the inclusion of this ability:

Warrior’s Journey (Ex)

If the war mind previously had manifesting in the Psychic warrior class, instead of gaining the war mind’s exclusive psionic manifestation abilities, he can choose to instead increase his Psychic warrior manifesting level. If he does so, the war mind gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if he had also gained a level in Psychic warrior. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, improved trances and maneuvers, and so on). This essentially means that he adds the level of war mind to the level of Psychic warrior, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

Sweeping Strikes states "On each melee attack a war mind makes, he can choose squares he threatens that are adjacent to each other, and his attacks apply to creatures in those two squares equally."

So if he uses TWF to attack, say, a Knight, he may attack the knight's padawan who is right next to him. And then use Snap Kick to deliver an unarmed strike, which is also subject to Sweeping Strike.

This plays to the philosophy of the saberstaff, which is to generate more slaughter per swing.

Last edited:

Go with an magical adamantine longsword. The DMG/SRD says that about 30% of magic weapons give off light as a torch. Ask your DM if you can flavor the light (Red, blue, green, etc). You can now have a glowing sword that can cut through anything.

To go with the warrior magician feel of a sith, I would go monk/sorcerer/enlightened fist. You're going to want to pick up the following feats:

*Deflect Blaster Bolts Arrows. You technically need to use your hands but I can't imagine a DM saying that you cannot describe it as you striking it with your sword.

*Ascetic Mage. Stack monk and sorcerer and reduces MAD a little bit.

*Whirling Steel Strike. This has a bunch of prereqs but it lets you flurry with your longsword. A flurry of blows can be done interchangeably with your unarmed strike and special monk weapons. If you cannot fit this into your build then I would recommend adding the proficient enchantment to your longsword.

For spells, consider Wraith Strike. It saves on having to buy Brilliant Energy for your sword. Most of your spells are going to be subtle. Charms and self buffs mostly. Though you can grab any of the lightning spells to get yourself some "Boom" spells. If you dig into the EU I'm sure you can find more powers you could replicate with spells.

Last edited:

Remove ads