• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighting "Mr. T"

Sejs

First Post
James McMurray said:
You can bet if I ever use the Tarrasque again in a game it won't look anything like the monster manual version. Creatures are a lot scarier when the players don't know every little thing about them.

I refuse to use the Tarrasque looking like the picture in the MM simply because that guy just looks so darn friendly.

MM35_PG240.jpg

"Hi guys!"

Crothian

First Post
hong said:
Increasing its AC by 20 should also work. This is easily achieved by bracers of armour +5, amulet of natural armour +5, a ring of protection +5 and a shield +5.

What?

Forget that, give it some Full plate +5; much more impressive visually.

Hussar

Legend
Sejs - that't why I went with Klaus' version:

Bigguy.gif

Much better.

Yeah, if I did it again, I'd be changing things a bit. But, I think the point that pure melee baddy is not a good idea. Never mind that, but, he's a bit of a pussy when it comes to melee damage as well. Before PA, he's doing about 100 points of damage per round. Big fat hairy deal. I used a CR 10 dragon to do that kind of damage. Heck, GIANTS can do that kind of damage before power attack.

This critter needs to do a WHOLE LOT more damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads