• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finally! (but why?)

Rokes

First Post
Huh?

I didn't detect any vitriol ... just some speculation.

What bothered you?

What? We're still here? Huh.. Apparently the world doesn't end when I'm wrong. Imagine that. :)

When I originally read that thread, the jist I took away was "ENWorld is a slow site that suffers from poor administration." Re-reading the thread, it clearly doesn't read that way.

Move along. Nothing to see here...

fba827

Adventurer
True story:
You see... I had all of last week to work on an important project. But everytime I sat at my computer I was instead coming to ENWorld to procrastinate. This weekend (my last chance to work on the project), this site went down, forcing me to actually do my work (even though every hour I would still check enworld to see if i could procrastinate instead, but, to no avail - thus, I was forced to finsh my work)! Monday morning (EST) I turned in my project and, sure enough, enworld came up within MINUTES thereafter. So this is why I blame myself, as it was a sign from above to make me do my darned project...

So, top 25 reasons Enworld was down ...

1. To make us all spend time with work/school/family/friends/outdoors
2. A divine cult unlocked the codes in Divine Power to allow their prayers to disrupt machines
3. Morrus inistalled time-jump software, so the ENWorld server was always up, but it just jumped forward in time from Saturday to Monday, thus, to those of us still in the "normal" timestream, it appeared to not be responsive.
4. The admins all got drunk friday night and created a lovechild. Saturday morning the child pulled on the server's cords in order to complain about the lack of good saturday morning cartoons these days...
5. Morrus was forced to do an emergency purge of all the "pr0n" he kept hidden on the server. Given the quantity of purged files, the server gave up.
6. Fed up by the edition wars, flames, and general stupidity spouted by people named hong, the server went on strike to give all users a chance to reflect on what was lost and bond together over the shared loss..
7. A recently ram upgrade inadvertantly used a chip made of green kryptonite

(okay that's all the stupid jokes i have right now)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
You must have been thinking about TheRPGSite.com. Man, do they hate ENWorld.
Nah, best not to generalize. There are a lot of people who frequent both sites. I think it'd be more accurate to say that several people who have left here, as well as some people who been summarily booted, have settled over there. What you're seeing are a few people with outspoken opinions; I don't think that should color anyone's opinion of the entire site. Heck, it's occasionally nice to have the freedom to tell someone I think they're acting like a moron. :D

Meanwhile, I'm not sure why we were down. But I'm glad we no longer are!

Remove ads