• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finally finished this thing....

Virginia Wilde

First Post
It took a while. I had many false starts, caffeinated beverages, and a lot of bad feelings, as well as some pacing sullenly wondering what to do, but it's done. I don't think it's that great. Not my best work, but then, nothing ever is. It's also a personal joke based upon something a friend said that a low percentage of people here might get (bonus points if you figure it out).

This is actually for "Sacred Ground," my next project after Crystal Legacy. Considering how long CL is taking, it might be awhile before I can actually start playtesting stuff for Sacred Ground. These are some protagonists from the fiction to be included with the setting.

From left to right, top, we have: Waseer the Maka, Tobias the missionary's son, Koma the Dasho, and on the bottom we have, from left to right: Claude the martial artist, Amrita the sorceress, Jean-pierre the gunslinger, and Ganni. Ganni's special, but I won't get into that right now.

Please, say it's good. Validate my existence! I need people to tell me it isn't crap!

Attachments

• sacred2.jpg
    sacred2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 152

Storn

Explorer
I agree, good anime.

However, on the digital coloring, it seems a bit flatter than it has to be. Especially the lizard guy. I suggest going into some shadows on him with a Gray-green or a purple at 50% opacity, use the wet edges. This will retain the texture that you've created, yet deepened and give a bit more 3 dimensionality to the lizard.

Also, the brown skin of the central figure is way too close in value to the dark, nebulous blue/black sky behind her. I suggest popping a few highlights on her cheekbone, nose to again, pull her forward (lean towards a yellow-brown-tan to further seperate the warm skin from the cool background).

Just my 2 cents.

Virginia Wilde

First Post
Yes *shakes fist in air* I admit it! But I need vindication! And contructive criticism is always good!

Ah...I did it, but I forgot the wet edges. I changed Koma's skin color. Is this what you mean? I also admit Waseer could be a little more round.

And don't forget the elder horror from beyond time and space borne on wings of human suffering. That looks okay, I guess.

Attachments

• sacred3.jpg
    sacred3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 110

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads