D&D 4E Finnaly I get to join the DM running 4e Demos...

ShadowyFigure

First Post
So, this is what feels like. To have blessed your players with one of the greatest experiences they have ever had with so little of the rules available.

Encounter 1

Our game set off straight into a dungeon the first room one blazing skeleton with the fighter closing in attack with his encounter power to knock a nasty chunk of health, this was followed by an explosion from the wizard and our Spider Rider (yes the one mentioned in the Podcast, my friend is the creator of said class.) charged in shredding the BS with his sword. The BS retaliated to all of this with blazing claw igniting the Fighter on fire only to have it saved. The cleric attempted a turn undead but failed. The following turn Fighter and Spider Ride take 5 fire damage from BS aura who ends up dead thanks to a tides of iron.

Healing surges then onto the next room.

Encounter 2

The second counter was in a long hallway (2 squares wide x 20 long) were I decided to throw 20 Zombie minions (a 5 man party encounter) At the 4 man party to see how things balanced out. This ended insanely badly for the zombies who were literally teared apart by cleave and got know attacks in. A wizards Force orb also managed to tear apart the back zombies leaving them to be shot at by the spider riders bow.

In the end the fighter finished them off with the player (he is normally negative about stuff for no reason) having a mega orgy in excitement at how awesome the fighter now is.

A quick rest and no healing as none of them had taken damage then onto the next room.

Thats all we managed as I taught the players quickly and we started off with are normal game of munchkins to just get to relax after school then head straight into the game. I enjoyed dming more then ever and we didn't argue once.

4E FTW IMO for now. Next week I will continue the adventure...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sounds fun.

Just for the record, the back zombies would have cover from the zombies in front of them (though not from the fighter.)

Fitz

Remove ads