• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fire! (Dunamin judging)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Action Changes]
Beetle 2 is dead by the time it's Goeth's turn, so I changed his and Galinndan's targets to Beetle 4.
[/sblock]

Callen's attack causes the beetle to vibrate violently as it is pushed back down the hall. Large cracks appear in its inflexible shell. The beetle writhes in pain and suddenly, with a loud crack, its shell snaps right in half! It thrashes its legs violently for a second and then lies still.

Just then, Goeth and Galinndan pop around the corner and fire at the beetle. Their attacks pass right over the corpse; Goeth's is wasted, but Galinndan's goes on to strike the other beetle! The blast engulfs one side of its head, destroying its eye. (Unfortunately this doesn't seem to bother it much as the other is multifaceted.)

The gnome spins around, trying vainly to dodge Mri'Thas's erratic missile, and is taken completely by surprise when it suddenly darts towards his chest. He flies backwards into the wall, clutching at his chest. You can hear his ragged breathing as he struggles to inhale.

[sblock=Status]
Soldier misses with his Combat Challenge attack.

Callen hits Beetle 2 for 9, killing it (and moving the corpse to J20). He moves to I19.

Goeth moves to H19, curses Beetle 4, and misses it.

Gallindan moves to G19 and hits Beetle 4 for 9, bloodying it.

Mri'thas hits the gnome for 14, bloodying it.

The big double doors at Q3/R4, and the doors at B5, F14, N20 and U12 are open. The door at H18 is destroyed. The rest are closed. Soldier's handaxe is stuck in the wall at C8.

Kama'zer's turn!

Oh my god, look at that bunch. PLEASE let Fire Spray recharge, please please please...

26 - M - Mri'Thas (28/35 hp)
23 - K - Kama'zer (18/31 hp)
11 - T - Ts'iri (23/35 hp)
9 - S - Solon (17/25 hp)
9 - W - Soldier (22/36 hp)
9 - A - Arsonist (51 damage, concealment due to Heat Haze, used Fey Step, cursed by Ts'iri)
8 - B1 - Beetle 1 (36 damage, cursed by Goeth, marked with Divine Challenge by Solon, used Fire Spray)
8 - B3 - Beetle 3 (0 damage, used Fire Spray, marked by Soldier, cursed by Goeth)
8 - B2 - Beetle 2 (37 damage, used Fire Spray)
8 - B4 - Beetle 4 (19 damage, cursed by Goeth, concealment due to Heat Haze, used Fire Spray)
8 - B5 - Beetle 5 (39 damage, used Fire Spray, prone and immobilized until end of next turn, provokes an OA from Soldier if it shifts before the start of Kama'zer's next turn)
8 - B6 - Beetle 6 (36 damage)
8 - B7 - Beetle 7 (38 damage, used Fire Spray)
8 - B8 - Beetle 8 (32 damage, used Fire Spray)
28 - I1 - Imp 1 (48 damage)
28 - I2 - Imp 2 (44 damage, used Tail Sting)
7 - C - Callen (28/28 hp)
5 - G - Goeth (24/34 hp + 1 thp)
4 - R - Galinndan (29/29 hp)
[/sblock]

elecgraystone

First Post
Hearing someone else playing with the gnome outside and seeing one of the beetles die inside, Ts'iri figures it's a good time to finish off the last beetle. "All right, take that beetle." Another blast hits the beetle dead on.

[sblock=Details]Move action: shift from L20 to M20
Minor action: Curse beetle 4
Standard action: Eldritch Blast [+1 prime shot]
1d20+6=22, 1d10+4=12, 1d6=1
Total 13 damage to B4
If B4 dies, 5 temp HP gained.
[sblock=Stat Line]HP: 27/35; Surges 8/10; AC 18[20 vs first attack], Fort 15, Refl 16, Will 15;
Action Points: 0/1
Second Wind: 0/1
Vampiric Embrace: 0/1
Scorching Burst: 1/1
Telekinetic Leap: 1/1
Armor of Agathys: 0/1
Fiendish Resilience: 0/1[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=OCC]SInce Kama'zer indicated she was putting out fires, I'll go ahead and post since our actions shouldn't affect each other.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Hey, I told you guys to remind me the Solon was away when his turn came up!

Solon moves to G10 and puts out the fires at H10 and all surrounding squares.

Soldier's turn!
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier engages the gnome once again and strikes with his axe against the gnome.

[sblock=Details]
Free Action: change damage type to normal from cold
Move Action:move to P21
Standard Action:Steel serpent strike against the gnome(hit Ac 24 for 18 damage and the gnome is marked, slowed and cannot shift until the end of Soldier next turn.
Minor Action:N/A

1d20+7;2d12+6 → [17,7] = (24)1d20+7;2d12+6 → [6,6,6] = (18)[/sblock]

[sblock=Soldier stat Line]Soldier- Male Warforged fighter 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17, Fort:17, Reflex:11, Will:12 -- Speed:5
HP:22/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:11/12
Initiative +1, Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Cleave, Reaping Strike, Steel Serpent Strike(used), Warforged Resolve, Brute Strike(used), Frost Weapon(used)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Action Changes]
Soldier, P21 is on top of the roof! I assume you mean O21.
[/sblock]

As Kama'zer and Solon continue to put out fires, Ts'iri obliterates the final beetle. "NOOO!" screams the gnome. It turns back towards the theatre to see the glow of the fires fading from the sky. "My beautiful flames..." it sobs. It turns to flee, but Soldier strikes it low to the legs with a sweep of his axe, causing it to stumble.

Flame gouts back out of the wound, singing Soldier slightly and causing him to flinch. The gnome flings out its hand and another bright gout of flame jets towards Soldier's eyes, doing no damage but causing him to stumble backwards involuntarily. He swings his axe blindly as he stumbles, connecting with the gnome's outstretched arm. The gnome screams, turns and hobbles away down the alley, clutching its wounded arm. It is heading for the safety of the open field beyond - but it sags to its knees and nearly collapses at the alley's mouth, only holding itself up by clutching the trunk of a large tree growing there.

Holding itself upright by one arm, the gnome flings its other arm out towards Soldier with another burning bolt. The blast hits the warforged right in the face, dazing him and severely cracking the armour around his head. The gnome sags back in relief as it sees the damage it's caused.

Despite Solon and Kama'zer's best efforts, the front of the stage catches fire again and flames shoot up to the sky! The gnome cackles in glee. "See! You can't beat me after all!" it cries. It starts trying to push its way through the tree branches to safety before Soldier can recover...

[sblock=Status]
Kama'zer moves to L8 and puts out fires at J8, K7, K8, K9, and L9.

Ts'iri shifts to M20, curses Beetle 4, and hits it for 13 damage, killing it! Ts'iri gains 5 thp from warlock's curse and Goeth gains 3.

Solon moves to G10 and puts out the fires at H10 and all surrounding squares: G11, H9, H11, I10 and I11.

Soldier moves to O21 and hits the gnome with Steel Serpent Strike for 18 damage, and slows it and leaves it unable to shift. Soldier takes 3 fire damage from the gnome's Body of Flame.

The gnome casts Startling Glamour at Soldier as a minor action, hitting with a 25. He slides Soldier to O20 (provoking an OA, which hits for 9 damage, but at least it doesn't interrupt his movement!) It moves to O23 but can't move any farther because it's slowed and there's a tree (difficult terrain) at O24. With a standard action it casts Burning Bolt at Soldier, hitting with a 21 for 9 fire damage. Soldier also takes 3 more fire damage from Body of Flame for hitting with the OA. Soldier is bloodied and dazed (save ends).

The fire spreads to - darn, I think I screwed this up somehow. Oh well, a bunch more squares of fire appear.

The big double doors at Q3/R4, and the doors at B5, F14, N20 and U12 are open. The door at H18 is destroyed. The rest are closed. Soldier's handaxe is stuck in the wall at C8.

Callen's turn!

26 - M - Mri'Thas (28/35 hp)
23 - K - Kama'zer (18/31 hp)
11 - T - Ts'iri (23/35 hp + 5 thp)
9 - S - Solon (17/25 hp)
9 - W - Soldier (7/36 hp, dazed (save ends))
9 - A - Arsonist (78 damage, concealment due to Heat Haze, used Fey Step, cursed by Ts'iri, marked by Soldier, slowed and cannot shift until end of Soldier's next turn)
8 - B1 - Beetle 1 (36 damage, cursed by Goeth, marked with Divine Challenge by Solon, used Fire Spray)
8 - B3 - Beetle 3 (0 damage, used Fire Spray, marked by Soldier, cursed by Goeth)
8 - B2 - Beetle 2 (37 damage, used Fire Spray)
8 - B4 - Beetle 4 (32 damage, cursed by Goeth and Ts'iri, concealment due to Heat Haze, used Fire Spray)
8 - B5 - Beetle 5 (39 damage, used Fire Spray, prone and immobilized until end of next turn, provokes an OA from Soldier if it shifts before the start of Kama'zer's next turn)
8 - B6 - Beetle 6 (36 damage)
8 - B7 - Beetle 7 (38 damage, used Fire Spray)
8 - B8 - Beetle 8 (32 damage, used Fire Spray)
28 - I1 - Imp 1 (48 damage)
28 - I2 - Imp 2 (44 damage, used Tail Sting)
7 - C - Callen (28/28 hp)
5 - G - Goeth (24/34 hp + 3 thp + 1 thp)
4 - R - Galinndan (29/29 hp)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads