• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [Fire Mountain Games]Throne of Night Preview

gdmcbride

First Post
Fire Mountain Games will soon be unveiling its second adventure path following up on our ENnie-award nominated, critically acclaimed "Way of the Wicked". This will be a subterranean sandbox in the tradition of Paizo's "Kingmaker" and TSR's "Vault of the Drow". Play noble dwarven explorers reclaiming lost glories or wicked drow building their slave empire in the dark place of the world -- a 20-level Pathfinder-compatible adventure path where you need never see the sun.

Here is preview art...

Here is the Fungal Jungle displayed on the cover of Book One. Who knows what dangers lurk within its strange reaches?

Here is the Great Jumping Off Point . How will you traverse this great gulf into the deep places of the earth?

Here is a deep gnome. Will these hardy folk be your allies or your slaves?

Here is a myceloid scout named Miku. What does this strange hunter of the fungal jungle want of you?

Here is a cave fisher. Can you survive its deadly entrapment?

Here is a cruel drow baroness. Will she be your greatest enemy or an ally in your vicious campaign of subjugation?

All of these pieces are drawn by the great Michael Clarke who illustrated all of "Way of the Wicked".

Throne of Night Book One: Dark Frontier is coming soon.

You can see more previews at our facebook page.

Conquer the Darkness.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

Systole

First Post
Cool beans. I'm enjoying WotW so far and liked the sandox aspect of Kingmaker. Putting them both together seems like a great concept and I'm way interested.

By the way, I hate phoenixes so much right now. You know what I'm talking about. Although, that fight did have one of the more epic moments of greatness/stupidity in my RPG career.

EDIT: I just read the Facebook page, and I saw someone asked if they could play as good drow. F***ing seriously? That's what you have to put up with as a game designer? And then you have to be nice to them? In your shoes, my response would have been, "Excuse me, what? Good drow? No, get out. Just get out. You are too much of a pansy to play my game."

Last edited:

gdmcbride

First Post
Systole,

Thanks for the kind words.

I recognize your name. You're doing the one-on-one game on The Order of the Stick's forums, right? I'll have to catch up on your battle with Suchandra when I get the chance.

And regarding good drow...*shrugs* Far be it from me to tell someone what is badwrongfun. But I would say "Throne of Night" in my writing is definitely focused on noble dwarves and wicked drow.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

cathalramone

First Post
i love the idea of WotW but unfortunately have yet to play it because my group just started RotR when i heard about it and after playing some of Kingmaker an evil underdark sandbox sounds fantastic!

Any idea when the kickstarter you guys keep teasing will come out?

Systole

First Post
I recognize your name. You're doing the one-on-one game on The Order of the Stick's forums, right? I'll have to catch up on your battle with Suchandra when I get the chance.

And regarding good drow...*shrugs* Far be it from me to tell someone what is badwrongfun. But I would say "Throne of Night" in my writing is definitely focused on noble dwarves and wicked drow.

Yes, I am also known as the antipaladin Taevos Varnassian. The first battle with Suchandra was ugly because we were underprepared. Today, we returned with ludicrous buffs and
Izevel
essentially soloed the phoenix in 2.5 rounds. It helped that she had the
Oathbow
that we recovered from the Battle of the Vale.

I am generally pretty forgiving when it comes to people doing what makes them happy, so long is it doesn't involve rape, torture, playing good drow, or genocide. Those things are just never cool.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads