Level Up (A5E) Fireball

Faolyn

(she/her)
Interesting, its almost like I'm turning regular into a lot more....but lamer tasting....food:) But it also means that a party that has lost all food and water can't just magic up some more (assuming you treat this component as a real thing, as opposed to have waving it like many components)
There's no gp value, so you can!

You can also cast this on rotten food (description doesn't say it has to be currently edible), or on, say, a dead mouse (which is edible, if you cook it or don't mind raw meat).

Schmoe

Adventurer

Huh, interesting! So you just need a "serving" of fresh water to produce 3 supply. I believe 1 Supply is enough to provide food/water/shelter for 1 person for 1 day. Assuming leniency on what a serving is, it still mostly creates sustenance out of nothing. But you need many more spells to sustain a group, and it's no longer a no-brainer. Cool.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Another question on Magic, if you will: Is LU going to be having more spells that can be upcast?

I recently became a patron and got all your EN5idErs, and one of your articles ("Archmagic") was all sorts of new upcasting for 5e spells, like detect magic or enlarge/reduce--which is handy, because I've been planning on doing that myself (but I'm lazy). Since I saw that some of the new spells in the spell list also came from issues of EN5idEr, I was wondering if you were including this sort of option with the LU spells?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Another question on Magic, if you will: Is LU going to be having more spells that can be upcast?

I recently became a patron and got all your EN5idErs, and one of your articles ("Archmagic") was all sorts of new upcasting for 5e spells, like detect magic or enlarge/reduce--which is handy, because I've been planning on doing that myself (but I'm lazy). Since I saw that some of the new spells in the spell list also came from issues of EN5idEr, I was wondering if you were including this sort of option with the LU spells?
Yes, we have upcasting for far more spells than O5E. That particular article was used, along with new material.

bestow curse?

Edit: it was largely asked for, but I notice that none of the original spells were asked for, so if you prefer you could whet our appetites with Blood-Writ Bargain. But since it is just me, I'll keep asking for Bestow Curse as it's a popular spell!

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
bestow curse?

Edit: it was largely asked for, but I notice that none of the original spells were asked for, so if you prefer you could whet our appetites with Blood-Writ Bargain. But since it is just me, I'll keep asking for Bestow Curse as it's a popular spell!
Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.32.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.33.03 AM.png

Remove ads