Firefly Reconsidered: Why Firefly Isn't "Hall of Fame" Great

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
A good BBQ doesn't need sauce but a good sauce can compliment a good BBQ. I prefer the sweeter sauces for the most part.

Might as well just get yourself some McD's sweet & sour sauce! ;)

Snarf's Inarguable BBQ Sauce Rankings:

1. Carolina Vinegar Sauces (pork only)
2. Carolina Mustard Sauces (goes great on everything- pork, beef, more pork, ice cream)
3. KC Sauces (good on burnt ends, and even more burnt ends, and... the rest of the burnt ends)
4. Bama White Sauce (CHICKEN!)
4a. Cornell BBQ Sauce (Also Chicken)
5. Memphis/St. Louis Sauces (I would like all racks of ribs, please)
6. Florida Sauces (a little citrus-y, plus just a bit of meth)
7. Texas Sauces (We don't care about BBQ sauce- we're Texas)

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
There is something almost magical about it!

Since we're on a much better subject- you know what else is good? Burnt ends. I know it's all trendy and stuff now, but they are to die for!

And going back to your first post- it's a truism that the fanciness of the BBQ place and the quality of the BBQ are inversely related, right? ;)
Agreed on both accounts, that certain charred flesh crunchiness, is something else. Lack of pretense is an indicator that the BBQ joint has their priorities straight.

MGibster

Legend
Carolina Vinegar Sauces (pork only)
2. Carolina Mustard Sauces (goes great on everything- pork, beef, more pork, ice cream)
3. KC Sauces (good on burnt ends, and even more burnt ends, and... the rest of the burnt ends)
4. Bama White Sauce (CHICKEN!)
4a. Cornell BBQ Sauce (Also Chicken)
5. Memphis/St. Louis Sauces (I would like all racks of ribs, please)
6. Florida Sauces (a little citrus-y, plus just a bit of meth)
7. Texas Sauces (We don't care about BBQ sauce- we're Texas)
I don't think I can be friends with you any more.

Zardnaar

Legend
Even if it evokes lost cause stuff so what? Don't like it don't watch.

The rebels weren't the CSA while the baddies are the Allianced and even then it's not that clear.

Turns out Joss Whedons a piece of trash himself.

Snarf Zagyg

As a Brit Firefly got more episodes than The Office or Fawlty Towers. Black Mirror's first three seasons have fewer episodes between them. Life on Mars is 16 episodes.

Life on Mars is so so so good. They tried to do an American version. It was terrible.

I was really fond of Ashes to Ashes too.

Also… I heard there was going to be another series???

Thomas Shey

Legend
As a Brit Firefly got more episodes than The Office or Fawlty Towers. Black Mirror's first three seasons have fewer episodes between them. Life on Mars is 16 episodes.

While its clear a lot of British shows have less episode runs than U.S. ones, I also get the impression they tend to be longer per-episode; this may be based on my limited exposure though (mostly being Sherlock and The Musketeers).

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Lousiana hot links, grilled until they are almost falling apart, then on a plate with dirty rice, greens, and drizzled with sauce is pretty durn good too.

Snarf Zagyg

Lousiana hot links, grilled until they are almost falling apart, then on a plate with dirty rice, greens, and drizzled with sauce is pretty durn good too.

i am so loving this thread now. Although I am getting really really hungry.

…. We may need to have a BBQ thread.

Remove ads