Firefox says EN World is an attack site?

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
By the way, it was really hard to get good info on this problem while it lasted. I found there's an ENWorld livejournal, but it hasn't been updated since 2009.

If EnWorld gets "hacked" again, where can we go for info?
For what it's worth, I'd love to have an official rally point in times of trouble. During previous problems, that Livejournal has actually been helpful finding out what's going on. This time around, there wasn't anything so I had to dig a little deeper.

I found something that almost worked: twitter feeds with the #enworld tag. There were folks asking questions, but no particular responses. If that loop were completed, it would be a fantastic fallback spot. Updates as simple as "'we're working on it" are actually valuable information.
-blarg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For what it's worth, I'd love to have an official rally point in times of trouble. During previous problems, that Livejournal has actually been helpful finding out what's going on. This time around, there wasn't anything so I had to dig a little deeper.

I found something that almost worked: twitter feeds with the #enworld tag. There were folks asking questions, but no particular responses. If that loop were completed, it would be a fantastic fallback spot. Updates as simple as "'we're working on it" are actually valuable information.
-blarg

As I said, my twitter feed is official and said exactly that. The Livejournal thing is nothing to do with me.

If folks want to ask me a question on twitter, I'm sure they know to put [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] in it if they want me to see it.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
If folks want to ask me a question on twitter, I'm sure they know to put [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] in it if they want me to see it.
For what it's worth I didn't know, so I couldn't ask. More importantly, Google doesn't know that either. When I asked it about the malware problem, it pointed me at #enworld, which was very nearly a useful solution. If that tag were put to use, anybody could find it using existing search engines.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For what it's worth I didn't know, so I couldn't ask. More importantly, Google doesn't know that either. When I asked it about the malware problem, it pointed me at #enworld, which was very nearly a useful solution. If that tag were put to use, anybody could find it using existing search engines.

I'd never even heard of an #enworld tag, just like I'd never heard about the Livejournal page.

Remove ads