Firefox says EN World is an attack site?

Uber Dungeon

First Post
Browser issues

I have on idea where this would go.
just today my browser on both my computers have been saying that this sight is contains malware and is unsafe... of course I ignore it, but I was wondering what gives all of a sudden? does it have to do with the recent changes?

Last edited:

shadzar

Banned
Banned
There is a thread in another forum about it and the notice about it was above the forums. It is being looked into, but google reported something like 76 of 80 visits resulted in malware in the last 90 days.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've done multiple malware scans and have found nothing on my own machine. You should obviously do the same! We've found a plugin that looks weird and have neutralized it, but I don't yet know if we were infected and/or spreading malware. Either way we should be okay now with that code removed, but definitely err on the side of making sure you're protected against infections.

As soon as we know more, we'll holler.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
you might want to post a link to this reply of yours in the top banner, and make it the color of like hunter orange as there have been another thread on this same issue started.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Just a thought. This might not be something that just started happening today. For the first time, I got 4 trojans on my work system in the last week and as a general rule, the only non-intranet related sites that I go to at work are hotmail and enworld. The internal sites should be fairly clean due to our InfoSec group, so the most likely culprit would be enworld (I assume that hotmail would have more extensive protection than enworld).

vagabundo

Adventurer
Bingo, showing up in stop badware

StopBadware - enworld.org

Maybe the recent spate of ant-wotc ill feeling and badness has coalesce into something malevolent, something that's lurking in the forum and now tries to spread itself via your browser.

images

DracoSuave

First Post
It isn't the browsers detecting bad doing it, basically any browser that gets reports from google (Firefox, Chrome obv) are simply relaying that report.

The report itself says that it's specific sites being linked, but that enworld itself is not transmitting the malicious code.

Yeah, it's probably an ad that's infected.

Remove ads