• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firefox says EN World is an attack site?

Kafen

First Post
Opera works - Although, Opera uses its own malware list, maybe.

I know the browser does not download many types of malware because of coding which maybe why there is no danger from some types of scripts.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]
I think I know what's up... If it's not a co-opt ad, then there's a chance its the TAPATALK Injector exploit. This explains why both CMS and ENWorld is giving off the warnings.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@Morrus
I think I know what's up... If it's not a co-opt ad, then there's a chance its the TAPATALK Injector exploit. This explains why both CMS and ENWorld is giving off the warnings.

Is there a new exploit? There are none that I'm aware of in the current update of Tapatalk. Varous updates fixed various potential exploits.

Ysgarran

I've flagged this for [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION], our excellent technical admin. They'll sort it out. In the mean time, it appears that the warning is in error, but I'm sure it's technically possible; make sure your malware software is up to date (good advice anyways). I'll be swapping to Explorer until we sort this out.

Make sure all of your browser plug-ins are up to date. Not keeping Adobe flash up to date is a good way to get burned by a virus.

I'm paranoid and fired up a windows virtual machine before ignoring the google virus warning.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Thought: I have heard of a virus that is bing injected in many places.

1) allows the hacker to gain a back door kinda thing and gives complete access to the infected machine.

2) it is 'contageous' and spreads form one machine to the next.

3) pure speculation, but an Indonesian Islamic organization is being blamed for this attack, as they have take responsibility for some other hacks from last week.

Remove ads