• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firefox says EN World is an attack site?

Dungeoneer

First Post
I'm also experiencing this. Anyone know if there's a way whitelist of sites in Firefox I can add ENWorld to?

In other news, I had to post this from IE because the Firefox warnings were making it impossible to post from that browser. This problem may be more widespread but impacting people's ability to report it.

eamon

Explorer
I get a slightly longer list of malware domains than RangerWickett. Unfortunately, it's rather difficult for a third party to determine what's wrong; you can't use the Google Webmaster Tools for a third-party-site.

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for enworld.org says:
Of the 33 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 18 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-01-21, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-01-21.

Malicious software includes 6 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including rldzzlfl.co.cc/, cuorcuyg.co.cc/, epvkobxb.co.cc/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including rldzzlfl.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30221 (T3COM).

Good luck!

wedgeski

Adventurer
It's probable Google does a bit more than just act on user reports. Most likely something unpleasant has actually slipped onto the site, perhaps via a banner ad.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've flagged this for [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION], our excellent technical admin. They'll sort it out. In the mean time, it appears that the warning is in error, but I'm sure it's technically possible; make sure your malware software is up to date (good advice anyways). I'll be swapping to Explorer until we sort this out.

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm also experiencing this. Anyone know if there's a way whitelist of sites in Firefox I can add ENWorld to?

In other news, I had to post this from IE because the Firefox warnings were making it impossible to post from that browser. This problem may be more widespread but impacting people's ability to report it.

After my last post, IE also popped up a warning, but no longer.

Online Link Scan - Virus, Trojan, Adware and Malware Scanner, says:

--------- LINK SCAN SUMMARY --------- URL scanned: http://www.enworld.orgPhisTank say's: Service not available. AVG say's: Service not available. SiteTruth say's: This site is safe. Google Safe Browsing say's: This site is safe. Threat Name: No Threat FOUNDThreat Definitions: 878016Engine Version: 0.96.5Host IP: 68.68.204.20Link Status: CleanFile Size: 78.56 KBTime Finished: 6.07 secsOverall result: This site is secure.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I'm on Opera 11 and it says "This site has not been reported as harmful or fraudulent."

So nothing to report on the Netcraft/PhisTank/TRUSTe front.

But I do see a Google safebrowsing alert if I try to search for this site through them.

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Glad to see I'm not the only one reporting this. I thought my Chrome install had gone all kablooey.

Hope you can get this corrected ASAP. I can't even remember the last time I used IE for anything other than confirming my CSS was cross-browser compliant. I'd hate to have to use it *just* for ENWorld. :)

Velmont

First Post
Same here with Firefox. Nothing with IE for the moment.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AttackSite.png
    AttackSite.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 477

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads