Critical Role First Critical Role Novel Announced

BRayne

Adventurer
Written by the #1 New York Times bestselling author Marieke Nijkamp, Critical Role: Vox Machina – Kith & Kin will follow a brand-new story, featuring the cunning ranger Vex’ahlia and the conning rogue Vax’ildan (and, of course, Trinket) years before they meet Vox Machina. After leaving the unwelcoming refuge of Syngorn, the twins become entangled in a web spun by the Clasp, and for the first time Vex and Vax find themselves on opposite sides of a conflict that threatens the home they have carried with each other for years.

cr_Kith_final-500.jpg

Count_Zero

Adventurer
Well, this puts them at the full Lodoss!
  • Replay/Actual Play: Check!
  • Tabletop RPG material: Check!
  • Sequential Art: Check!
  • Animated Adaptation: Check!
  • Prose Fiction: finally, Check!
Arguably, you could say that Lodoss has a video game over Critical Role at this point, but that's kind of just moving the goalposts a little.

jgsugden

Legend
Arguably, you could say that Lodoss has a video game over Critical Role at this point, but that's kind of just moving the goalposts a little.
I have a feeling something is in the works on the video game front. There was a question on Talks Machina related to video games and it looked like Mercer was calculating how to answer without revealing something.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I hope it works, I’ve found the comic books to be disappointing and the characters 2-dimensional and pretty charmless. Scanlan is particularly poorly realized IMHO.

jasper

Rotten DM

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have a feeling something is in the works on the video game front. There was a question on Talks Machina related to video games and it looked like Mercer was calculating how to answer without revealing something.
There have to be a number of CRPG companies courting them. Even an otherwise pretty ordinary game set in the Critical Role universe would be a hit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases