• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First Drow, now Kuo-toa. Darn you FR!!

Aeolius

Adventurer
I was looking over the D&D home page and what do I see? A new gallery for a FR product. Okay, I was curious, so I took a look.

52062_CN.jpg

52080_CN.jpg

52119_CN.jpg

52118_CN.jpg

They did it again. A GH staple like the kuo-toa, ripped from its homeland like a wayward drow and dropped into parts unknown.

ruleslawyer

Kuo-toa have been a part of FR since 1st edition, aeolius.

For that matter, they've been a generic (non-GH specific) monster since the 1e Fiend Folio.

So what's the problem, exactly (other than the fact that the images you posted are cool cool cool!)?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
my party just finished off book2 of night below and that's the images of what I should send them of what they faced. Yes they even faced that massive black monster but he had a whip sword and a breast plate and large shield and dripping black acid but I digress ;)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Simplicity said:
Any description of the Underdark is incomplete without
talking about the Kuo-toa... I don't see what the
problem is here...

The problem is mainly mine...WotC could have put those kuo-toa in GH supplement. ;)

(he used...SARCASM!!)

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Aeolius said:
The problem is mainly mine...WotC could have put those kuo-toa in GH supplement. ;)

(he used...SARCASM!!)

They could have, especially since GH is the default setting for the Core Rulebooks, etc. However, FR is the officially supported setting and thus gets the prestigious kuo-toa.

Funny how things work...

hunter1828

PS - not that I'm complaining...I run FR campaigns, after all.

Psion

Adventurer
For that matter, they've been a generic (non-GH specific) monster since the 1e Fiend Folio.

Like the Drow and Lolth herself, the Kuo-Toa appeared in an adventure nominally set in Greyhawk first and then were reprinted in the fiend folio.

Personally, I could care less if other settings use these now-general creatures. It does bother me a mite, though, when FR becomes the definitive source, because then you have to de-FR it. (Like Abishai and Shadow Dragons).

Simplicity

Explorer
EricNoah said:
I hope they really do to kuo-toa what they did to drow -- make them sexy!

Ugh... New unpleasant Underdark experience: Being enslaved by the Kuo-toa dominatrix Glupdooplip. That ranks right up there with getting your brain
eaten by mindflayers.

Last edited:

Remove ads