D&D 5E First Eberron campaign!

Retros_x

Explorer
No Candlekeep Mysteries? There's some good ones in there that could fit well in Sharn.
Any good tips for which one and how do integrate them in Sharn? I run a Sharn campaign and was considering putting some adventures from candlekeep but for many of them I am not sure how to integrate them so it feels naturally.

Any good tips for which one and how do integrate them in Sharn? I run a Sharn campaign and was considering putting some adventures from candlekeep but for many of them I am not sure how to integrate them so it feels naturally.
I'm currently running Shemshime, but I'm in Metrol rather than Sharn. I just made it a secret underground library, and replaced the NPCs which characters the players were familiar with to increase the stakes. But most of the Candlekeep Adventures are not in urban settings, and therefore would take the party out of Sharn. Typically, they start with a book, but take the party yomping all over the Frogotten Realms. So it would be a case of finding Eberron locations that matched. The advantage with Golden Vault is it has a relatively high proportion of urban adventures.

Last edited:

Retros_x

Explorer
I'm currently running Shemshime, but I'm in Metrol rather than Sharn. I just made it a secret underground library, and replaced the NPCs which characters the players were familiar with to increase the stakes. But most of the Candlekeep Adventures are not in urban settings, and therefore would take the party out of Sharn. Typically, they start with a book, but take the party yomping all over the Frogotten Realms. So it would be a case of finding Eberron locations that matched. The advantage with Golden Vault is it has a relatively high proportion of urban adventures.
These are the reasons why I struggle to integrate them, so I hope he has some nice ideas.

DavyGreenwind

Just some guy
The Joy of Extradimensional Spaces can be about a Professor that has gone missing in Morgrave University, and was never seen leaving. They may have been trapped in their secret Mansion by a jealous rival.

Likewise, the next adventure, Mazfroth's Mighty Digressions can begin in Morgrave and continue in Lower Menthis (instead of a 5-day journey to Baldur's Gate).

As mentioned, Shemshine is a very insular adventure, and can be placed about anywhere.

The Price of Beauty can take place in a mysterious new spa that opened in the Upper City, where some people have been vanishing, Sweeney Todd style.

Kandlekeep Dekonstruction can be reflavored to be about a mad Artificer in the Cogs who has had it with the Bourgeois in the Skyway, and wants to...well...bring a piece of the Cogs to them. Hes got the perfect building in the perfect spot.

The Scrivenor's Tale also works in the city. Replace the Queen of Air and Darkness with Lady Illmarrow, and make the Red Quill Haven secretly hidden in the Cogs.

That's what I got.

pukunui

Legend
Next up for my Eberron campaign, I am going to run a conversion of "Wedding Bells" from Dungeon #89. I ran this as part of a homebrew episodic campaign once before, and it was a lot of fun. This time I need to focus more on reflavoring it to fit Eberron.

The basic premise is that there's a fiendish harpy preying on the inhabitants of a small woodland town. The PCs show up there for a wedding and get mixed up in the plot when a spurned satyr who has "befriended" the harpy crashes the wedding reception.

The setting is that the town is ruled by an absentee elf lord who is represented by a half-elven sheriff. She in turn has a hobgoblin bodyguard and an elf bard spy who work for her. At the time it was written, this was done to challenge the players' common conception of hobgoblins as being evil monsters. The hobgoblin confronts the PCs when they first arrive in town and tests them to see how trusting / trustworthy they are. Later on, the PCs can catch a dwarf girl searching their belongings - she's not really a thief, she's just super-curious. The roleplaying side of the adventure is very much centered around "What does it mean to be a hero?"

My goal here is to take what's in the adventure and slot it into the Eberron setting. I think the best place for this adventure is in the southwestern corner of the Eldeen Reaches, near the settlements of Sylbaran, Greenblade, and Erlaskar. The main town of Dockalong is situated along a small river. Keith Baker has said there should be lots of rivers and streams flowing through the Eldeen Reaches that aren't on the map because it's too zoomed out.

The town has a "bridge to nowhere" with a symbolic gate on the far side representing that the far side of the river is elf territory. There are no elf lords in the Reaches but there are plenty of fey. So it's a simple enough fix to say that crossing the bridge represents leaving "civilization" and entering the wilds of the Towering Woods.

According to multiple sources, most towns and villages in the Eldeen Reaches have a "druid advisor" from the Wardens of the Wood. Keith Baker has also talked about the Wardens acting as sheriffs and such. So I'm wondering if I should reskin the half-elf sheriff as a half-elf warden.

The town's halfling cleric (who is also the officiant at the wedding) could remain a priest of the Sovereign Host, attempting to gain a foothold amongst the Reachers, or she could be a Warden druid. (The town does also have an NPC druid, although I don't think they feature in the adventure.)

I'm also wondering if I should change the hobgoblin bodyguard to a shifter. That seems like it could be more appropriate. Although finding a hobgoblin in a position of authority in a Reacher town could still be considered unusual, I suppose.

Anyone got any ideas?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
necro time (sort of)....but I'm starting an Eberron campaign....started with Riding the Rails, since I sell that conversion (and I'm going to update it for sure having run it for first level for the first time)....and now they are in Sharn....I'm leaning either of the intro adventures (forgotten relics or forgotten forge), though Queen with the Burning Eyes is intriguing.

Two of the characters are most afraid of Sora Kel, so anything that leads there (in theme) is great.....

pukunui

Legend
necro time (sort of)....but I'm starting an Eberron campaign....started with Riding the Rails, since I sell that conversion (and I'm going to update it for sure having run it for first level for the first time)....and now they are in Sharn....I'm leaning either of the intro adventures (forgotten relics or forgotten forge), though Queen with the Burning Eyes is intriguing.

Two of the characters are most afraid of Sora Kel, so anything that leads there (in theme) is great.....
Cool. I liked the "Forgotten Relics" adventure, but I think it may be a bit tough for 1st level PCs. My PCs were 2nd level when I ran it, and it felt like a good challenge for them, although the gnoll ambush was still pretty dicey. (The battle on the lightning rail at the end was epic!)

My group is currently at Dino World in the Mournland, where Glissando has been vaporized by the laser beam on Nedry's modified t-rex. We're playing again over the weekend, which should bring us to the conclusion of this adventure. We'll then move onto another Golden Vault adventure (most likely "Tockworth's Clockworks").

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Cool. I liked the "Forgotten Relics" adventure, but I think it may be a bit tough for 1st level PCs. My PCs were 2nd level when I ran it, and it felt like a good challenge for them, although the gnoll ambush was still pretty dicey. (The battle on the lightning rail at the end was epic!)

My group is currently at Dino World in the Mournland, where Glissando has been vaporized by the laser beam on Nedry's modified t-rex. We're playing again over the weekend, which should bring us to the conclusion of this adventure. We'll then move onto another Golden Vault adventure (most likely "Tockworth's Clockworks").
Ya, I told htem to go to 2nd level (partly because I know our player with the cleric won't be there the first night). I also need to not have another lightning rail adventure so soon, for me....

pukunui

Legend
Ya, I told htem to go to 2nd level (partly because I know our player with the cleric won't be there the first night). I also need to not have another lightning rail adventure so soon, for me....
Fair enough! I haven't done a lightning rail adventure since that one, so it might be time to throw in another one. (That is to say, the PCs have ridden the lightning rail a few times since, but it's just been an uneventful way to get from A to B.)

Remove ads