Your 2023 D&D Gift Guide

If a D&D lover is on your holiday gift list, you have a lot to choose from this year. No matter your budget, there's something for every taste in a wide variety of categories.

2023 was a big – and difficult – year for Dungeons & Dragons, but if a D&D lover is on your holiday gift list, you have a lot to choose from this year. No matter your budget, there's something for every taste in a wide variety of categories.

DnD Honor Among Thieves DVD.PNG

A lot of D&D items this year, understandably, tie into the Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves movie. For gift giving purposes, the movie is available as a DVD, Blu-ray, 4K, and even a steelcase edition. The two prequel novels, Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: Road to Neverwinter and Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: The Druid's Call, are also good gift options for fans of the movie, as is The Art of Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Everyone's favorite dragon from the movie, Themberchaud, also got a plush figure from WizKids as well as a light-up Hallmark Christmas ornament version.

Cartoon Classics.PNG

I covered even more movie tie-in products here, including The Honor Among Thieves Golden Archive collection are 6-inch scale action figures. The same company has also made the D&D Cartoon Classics figures for fans of the animated series.

Sharp Edge Moving Eye Green Cyclops Dice.PNG

For the dice lover on your gift list, consider the Sharp Edge Moving Eye Green Cyclops dice ($75) from Foam Brain if you're looking for something different. Foam Brain also has metal, plastic, liquid core, and stone dice in a variety of styles and colors.

CardKingPro Dice Bag w pockets.PNG

Or, make your dice-aholic's life easier and get them a superior dice bag. CardKingPro has large dice bags with a patented design that includes 7 pockets ($29). Using one has made my gaming life so much easier, especially when I'm GMing because I can quickly find whatever type of dice I need. It holds 150+ dice and comes in black, purple, blue, pink, green, orange, and red.

Tshirts.png

If your giftee likes gaming t-shirts, TeeTurtle has you covered. In addition to a variety of shirts for all kinds of gamers (TTRPG, board game, and video), TeeTurtle also has licensed designs for Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney.

BnG Encounter Cards.PNG

Luxury TTRPG company Beadle & Grimm's has been expanding their product range with products at a lower price tier in addition to their high-end limited edition D&D box sets. B&G has two sets of CR 0-6 Encounter Cards ($30 each) like the ones they include in the luxury sets. For DM Vault for Keys to the Golden Vault ($95) B&G put together a different sort of set with a more accessible price that's still high quality and very useful. If budget isn't an issue, The Silver Edition of Spelljammer: Adventures in Space ($195) and Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen Steel Edition ($299) are still available,

Exquisite Exandria cover.PNG

If the person you're buying for loves D&D and/or Critical Role and is interested in cooking, we have two cookbooks this year. Exquisite Exandria is a culinary look at the world of the Critical Role setting. Heroes Feast, the official D&D cookbook, got a follow-up this year with Heroes Feast: Flavors of the Multiverse. Both 2023 cookbooks also serve as a culinary exploration of their campaign settings so they can also be player or DM supplements. Both books are also available as hardcovers, ebooks, and spiral bound.

LnL Special Edition.PNG

The team behind Heroes Feast and Art & Arcana had another new book this year – Dungeons & Dragons Lore & Legends, which is a comprehensive visual guide to 5E. In addition the hardcover and ebook editions, there's also a D&D Lore & Legends Special Edition Boxed Book & Ephemera Set featuring slipcase and cover art by Hydro74, a 24”x36” map of Faerun by Jared Blando, an 8”x10” art print of Jaime Jones' cover artwork for the 5E Starter Set, a custom d20, and a drawer in the slipcase that both holds the ephemera and can be used as a dice tray.

And, of course, there are this year's official D&D releases, including Keys to the Golden Vault, Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants, The Practically Complete Guide to Dragons, Phandelver and Below: The Shattered Obelisk, Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse, and The Deck of Many Things set. With the exception of the last item, all of those are available as digital editions via D&D Beyond, physical books, and game store exclusive limited editions. The Book of Many Things is available on D&D Beyond as a digital book but the actual deck and its Reference Guide are only available as physical products, both regular and with limited edition covers.

Happy Holidays!

Beth Rimmels

Beth Rimmels

Stormonu

Legend
A little miffed only the Lore & Legends special edition comes with a FR map, but the book itself is a good read.

And of course, half the cartoon team (Hank, Bobbie, Diana) is at Ollie's for $10 apiece.

For my own (non-D&D) gift, I'd throw in plastic test tubes (Such as these on Amazon). Not only good for holding dice, but can be used for game snacks or your favorite "potion" - especially for New Years games :) .

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Support your local game shop whenever possible, either to buy the above items or other gifts for the gamer(s) in your life.

(Unless your local game shop's owners are on the Naughty list.)

Remove ads

Remove ads