D&D 5E First World: Possibly One of the New D&D setting?

Faolyn

(she/her)
Not really, no, since thr First World as a concept is a couple of sentences thst provide a fig leaf to conformity between official D&D Settings and homebrew. It isn't a "Setting."
It could really easily become a setting, with all sorts of primordial-type stuff in it, neolithic races, the original great cities of the early elves/giants/dragons/whatever, Great Old Ones, and ancestor species that no longer exist.

And it has a very easy out: at some point in the future, there's a meteor strike, which wipes all this stuff out. What comes out of the ashes is whatever the DM wants: the Realms, Greyhawk, Krynn, Athas, or even your homebrew world.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It could really easily become a setting, with all sorts of primordial-type stuff in it, neolithic races, the original great cities of the early elves/giants/dragons/whatever, Great Old Ones, and ancestor species that no longer exist.

And it has a very easy out: at some point in the future, there's a meteor strike, which wipes all this stuff out. What comes out of the ashes is whatever the DM wants: the Realms, Greyhawk, Krynn, Athas, or even your homebrew world.
Anything is doable, but it seems almost like saying that Wyatt could make a satellite dish, and someone comes along and says "hey, you know thst you could use that as a salad bowl?"

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
The Dragon version of the First World myth doesn't have to match the Giant version of the First World myth. Rival civilizations don't often agree on each others' origins.
The one thing I would like out of the First World is a non-dragon version of the myth. I really don't like the dragon version.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
The one thing I would like out of the First World is a non-dragon version of the myth. I really don't like the dragon version.
Rage, for the dragons threaten us
Rage, for without our passion they will crush us
Rage, and let the elements flow through you
Rage, and fight those beasts

Remove ads