D&D 5E First World: Possibly One of the New D&D setting?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Wait? Wasn't there an entry in the WotC setting contest that birthed Eberron that was a dawn world? Or even first world?
I recall hearing that Fantasy Flight Games' DawnForge came from a contest entry, but I can't see how that could be unless they bought/licensed it back from Wizards of the Coast.

As a related aside, I have also been eager to learn more about Rich Burlew's entry.

Edit: Heh, a little bit of searching the Wayback Machine and I find their website did claim it was a contest semifinalist: Dawnforge

Marvel Superhero Nova. Real name? Richard Rider.
maxresdefault.jpg

Everyone calls him Dick. In the Comics. In the canon of the Marvel Universe everyone calls him Dick. Even the writers refer to him as Dick in narrative asides.

Dick Rider.

It's not Marvel's fault they named him that! It's our fault for finding it -hilarious- and making jokes about it!

I think it is a bit different but fair observation
Marvel Superhero Nova. Real name? Richard Rider.
maxresdefault.jpg

Everyone calls him Dick. In the Comics. In the canon of the Marvel Universe everyone calls him Dick. Even the writers refer to him as Dick in narrative asides.

Dick Rider.

It's not Marvel's fault they named him that! It's our fault for finding it -hilarious- and making jokes about it!

Maybe they wanted a rich setting :)

MarkB

Legend
First World does seem like it could be too easily confused with certain real world geopolitical constructs, so maybe they should name it something else - like Extremely New World.

Admittedly that's a little cumbersome, but there's probably a clever way to shorten it.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
There is btw, a fun homebrew project made (and available for free I believe) to play pre-historic D&D. There is a similar concept here to the First World, that it is a setting that exists before the planes have become distinct places (like how Panegea was one continent). A big theme is that the world is ruled over by empires run by the different giant types. Something similar could exist in the First World, as a war between giants and dragons is a common theme in D&D settings.

1626575430188.png

1626575579848.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases