• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Fishing rules for 3.5...

Pergentile

Explorer
Unless, you know, you want to play D&D other than how you personally like it.

I don't understand why this mindset seems so dominating on these boards. The "D&D is supposed to be played the way I think it's meant to be played" mindset.

If his group likes to play a fishing mini-game, that's fine. I don't see how your first sentence is at all constructive. Yeah, your group might just want to make Profession or Survival checks to get by. That's probably all you really need. However, he's asking for something more complex, and coming into the thread to say "you're playing the game wrong" seems like a more common theme on this board as of late.

It just bugs me. Play what you like. I see no reason to tell someone they're playing wrong if everyone in their group is having fun.

Settle down. ^^
He said D&D is about adventure, which is a reasonable statement. Fishing can be an adventure, but he didn't say the OP was playing wrong. No need to get frustrated because of things he didn't actually say. ^^'
He also said the OP doesn't NEED anything more complex, but didn't say anything as to what the OP wanted. Some newer DM's try to make interesting side-things for their players, and yeah sometimes it turns out great, but sometimes it doesn't, since some newer DM's forget that the players aren't them. Someone reminding the OP about the minimums is not bad, especially if the players aren't the fishing types, the DM will recall how to quickly put his mini game out and get back to the necessary roles only. I don't see how the advice given is anything to get upset about.
(Joke)Also: You're playing wrong.(/Joke)

reiku_uk

First Post
Just so you all know, it went quite well =D I unveiled the rules when they were done chatting to everyone on the boat, and stumbled across a travelling merchant in the lower decks who fancied making herself a few extra gold and opened shop to the players. They bought a rod each and started rolling, and a few bad rolls, 2 broken fishing rods and lots of old boots and bits of seaweed later we had enough for a fish dinner!

Murse76

First Post
gone fishing table?

Hello All-

Have a scenario where PCs will be on a boat for a few days and looking to provide some entertainment. Anybody have a pre-generated table for fishing encounters already made up and wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads