Fitting a replacement character into a party

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
So no cleric or bard and wanting to avoid upstaging the paladin. That puts me more in the support mindest.

A Wizard makes the most sense. I've wanted to try out a War Wizard that takes the Alert feat. So that would be one of my top picks. Use him more for control though.

While it's not a particularaly strong build, an illustionist warlock can be very fun. Rely mostly on silent image, minor illusion etc. Use spell slots mostly for utility. (Takes a bit of DM buy in)

A charisma based paladin, taking inspiring leader that plays more support and healing than damage dealer is interesting.

Honestly I'm not worried about the barbarian overshadowing the paladin in a 1-2 combat a day style game. Spells are huge in those scenarios, and while rage is strong I'm not sure it matches dumping 3 divine smites into a single 4 round fight.

I really like a monk as well

I'm very happy with my barbarian rogue. Would highly recommend that character style to anyone.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
The session got postponed, so still at the cliffhanger and no idea if I need a replacement or not.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
If it's not too late, a Greek Cynic modeled after Diogenes could be fun. As for the class, some kind of monk perhaps.

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
If it's not too late, a Greek Cynic modeled after Diogenes could be fun. As for the class, some kind of monk perhaps.

I feel like this would best be modelled by that new UA Bard College of Eloquence! Hope that sees print in an official something one day just for things like this!

I've been doing a ton of posting about unarmed strikes in threads lately, so I'm all primed to second @lowkey13 's suggestion of a wrestler/brawler character! Someone who secretly reveres the Titan Atlas since you're in a semi-greek skinned game :)

Remove ads