D&D General Five Sentences Fluff Compendium

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Seems like the PERFECT place to encounter a wild plot hook to me :p

Ha, not at all! I designed the place to disincentivize hanging out there as a means to train players to get the hell out of the tavern and on to adventure. If you spend more time than a long rest here, you might even end up with a curse!

Undrave

Legend
Ha, not at all! I designed the place to disincentivize hanging out there as a means to train players to get the hell out of the tavern and on to adventure. If you spend more time than a long rest here, you might even end up with a curse!

When all else fails: just set it on fire.

Undrave

Legend
The Trades Hall was a circular two-story wooden building, standing directly across the plaza from the ostentatious stone town hall. Once you go through one of the archways found on opposite end of the building you find yourself in a circular courtyard where all the various guilds of the city had their official counters where one could do all manners of business with them. The Hall itself was maintaned by Guild Security, an organisation funded equally by all the guilds that the city had put into place to replace the various privately funded security forces the guilds used to employ. The city had grown tired of the richer guilds using these forces as thinly veiled bands of thugs to muscle out the competition, which had resulted in far too many public brawls in the past. If there was any aggressive actions undertaken by a guild against another, they would surely be far more clandestine and be the sort of action the city found far easier to turn a blind eye to, provided no bystanders ever got hurt in the process.

Undrave

Legend
Another one.

The Order of Erathis, followers of the Goddess of Civilisation, with their devotion to rules and order, had been a perfect choice to oversee vast complicated section of the kingdom’s bureaucracy, attacking the task with efficiency and zeal. What the previous Kings had failed to realize was that the Paladins' loyalty laid with the Law itself, not with the Crown. When it had been established, without reasonable doubt, that the current King had broken the Peace Treaty -a treaty that had been signed in the Temple of Erathis no less - with the nearby Elven nation under false pretenses, the Order of Erathis went into action with the same zeal and efficiency that they put into collecting taxes. They arrested the King, installed his daughter on the throne, presented their case to a judge, executed the old King and had a new version of the peace treaty drafted and ready to sign within a single day. The next day they had went back to their mild-mannered jobs of collecting taxes, delivering salary to government workers and sorting through building permit applications.

I played a Paladin of Erathis in 4e and he was a load of fun.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I gave this to the PCs at the start of my most recent campaign:

Greetings!

There is adventure in your future, that much is certain. Whether you trust me on that or not, it's true. All your paths lead to that.

Which adventure is less clear, less sure. You have some choice about that.

There is a path I can recommend, if you decide to trust me. If you can get yourself to Tashimeet at The Knot for the Festival of Stars, 749, you will have a chance to do much good. I'm not promising you Fate or Destiny or anything so high-flung, just pointing you to one adventure among many open to you.

The choice is yours. Good luck, whatever path you take.

And they ran into this in the last session:

In the hills where the Tulnod River makes its way from the Green Quilt Mountains, there's a valley watched over by the Face of Annam. On some winter nights, fog rolls through the valley. Outside the fog, all is quiet; inside the fog, one can hear echoes of the ancient war between the giants and the dragons.

Undrave

Legend
The Cleave Pass had gotten its name from its legendary origin. They say the ancestor of the current King had carved the pass into the mountain range with a single swing of his legendary axe! The legendary Morradinson was said to be the half-mortal son of Morradin himself, born into the life of a blacksmith who had risen up against a tyrannical dwarven king. The Morradinson family still rule the kingdom built around the pass where they control the flow of traffic through the mountains. Any civilian can expect to go through without much more than a small toll, but anyone caught causing trouble in the pass will be dealt with swiftly, and brutally, by the stoic dwarven guards.

Remove ads